• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo understands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
Many of you dismiss it, but we have one of the luckiest men alive as our coach. Not just this year, although this season has been repleat with a near overdose of luck.

Maybe we can ride that luck to a BIG and Rose Bowl title! Bo knows it...and it isn't often that a man of few words that normally mentions only things like execution and hard work as the reasons for winning, but here you are:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/11/25/big-ten-championship-bo-bielema-talk-title-game/

>> Pelini was asked why NU’s able to win close game this year. He cited chemistry, luck, experience and the maturation of quarterback Taylor Martinez.

“I don’t know if there’s a magical thing by it,” Pelini said. “We’ve been fortunate.”

Last edited:

Yes you are correct sometimes when you are good, you create your own luck and Bo knows he is good.

It is naive to ignore the amount of luck in any season for a successful football season. Take Matt Davidson's catch, for example. That was not TO coaching the team to tip the ball, kick it and make a catch, it was luck!!

A better example is the ungodly amount of luck the 2007 LSU national champion team had (and yes, this was when Bo was the D-coordinator). They had the ridiculous catch against Auburn. And while down 3 points with under 2 mins to play against Tim Tebow's Florida team, they went for it three times on fourth and 1 and got it by less than the length of the football each time ALL WHILE IN FIELD GOAL RANGE TO TIE IT before eventually scoring a TD. All of this is some measure of luck and do the record books or LSU fans discount the national championship because they had to make several comebacks throughout the year?? I doubt it!

GFA can go back to his man cave and hibernate for the rest of the winter.

We'll wake him for the spring game. Hope he has a nice sleep!

It is naive to ignore the amount of luck in any season for a successful football season. Take Matt Davidson's catch, for example. That was not TO coaching the team to tip the ball, kick it and make a catch, it was luck!!

A better example is the ungodly amount of luck the 2007 LSU national champion team had (and yes, this was when Bo was the D-coordinator). They had the ridiculous catch against Auburn. And while down 3 points with under 2 mins to play against Tim Tebow's Florida team, they went for it three times on fourth and 1 and got it by less than the length of the football each time ALL WHILE IN FIELD GOAL RANGE TO TIE IT before eventually scoring a TD. All of this is some measure of luck and do the record books or LSU fans discount the national championship because they had to make several comebacks throughout the year?? I doubt it!

I agree completely. And good teams put themselves in position to take advantage of luck.

Many of you dismiss it, but we have one of the luckiest men alive as our coach. Not just this year, although this season has been repleat with a near overdose of luck.

Maybe we can ride that luck to a BIG and Rose Bowl title! Bo knows it...and it isn't often that a man of few words that normally mentions only things like execution and hard work as the reasons for winning, but here you are:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/11/25/big-ten-championship-bo-bielema-talk-title-game/

>> Pelini was asked why NU’s able to win close game this year. He cited chemistry, luck, experience and the maturation of quarterback Taylor Martinez.

“I don’t know if there’s a magical thing by it,” Pelini said. “We’ve been fortunate.”

I took the liberty of bolding the more important elements of your quote. Also like the magical reference. We have been the victims of Sooner and Texas magic in the past... Nice to have some Bo Magic working for us now!

Last edited:

It must be killing you that we keep winning! Props to you that you can keep coming back with your negativity. Different angle but same target. Not a regular troll but a boorish troll. :bow:

Maybe Choi is the one with the luck. Or Evans, or Martin, or Ameer. Or maybe Blatchford is the one with all the luck. He's from Ponca for Chrissake. Anyone from Ponca on the team has to be somewhat lucky. That's it. Blatchford is the reason why this team is so lucky. Not Bo. I figured it out.

Last edited:
Explain in detail the purpose of this thread.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation but there are several here who have denied my comments that Bo is a very lucky coach. The purpose of this thread is to show those doubters, that even Bo understands that he has been very lucky. Nothing more. Lots of people say they would rather be lucky than good--Bo is extremely lucky and fairly good as well.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back