• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo understands

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's also amazing how luck seems to follow hard work and preparation.

Well, I've heard that said before but I'm not so sure it's true. I think TO was very unlucky often early in his career, but I don't think anybody worked harder or prepared better than he did. Often, I think luck just shows up. Kinda like hitting the lottery...no hard work or preparation involved. But, good teams do take advantage of luck when they get it.

It seems as if you are hung up on this "4-loss" deal...no recognition of getting to the CCG. Bad luck for Bo, if his losses were to OSU and Michigan vice UCLA and OSU, NU would not have the extra game and would be no worse than 10-3!!!!

I look forward to wins in the CCG and the Rose Bowl, but even if that does not happen, it is still an accomplishment to get to CCGs in two different Confereces in three years...given the different schemes, physical play, conditions, etc. Lets not diminish what this team has done.

You are quite observant, I am hung up on the 4 loss bugaboo...what tipped you off? FYI, I am also hung up about not having won a conference championship in over a decade. The "Division" is just a means for getting to the Conference championship game...winning the division gets you a chance to win the conference, nothing more.

Man, I'd love to have a time machine and somehow know how GFOA would behave in the early TO years while he was getting roughed up by OU. Wait...I do know, he's a hindsight guy. Pretty clearly.

I've noticed you don't post much and aren't very active while the team is doing well. You were all over these boards from preseason through OSU. I know you were gone etc, but your posts per day are still waaaaay down when the team succeeds.

I guess the thing is man, I don't see the end game in this for you. You think if you point out as many short comings as possible, what is the outcome? I know this is a discussion board and were here to talk, but your so driven and consistent in the tone of your posts. I can't figure it out! It's all so weird, since were all on the same "team" so to speak. heh

The thing is, when i lurked more I had a lot of respect for your opinion. In a lot of cases I still do. But you come across as silly a good amount of the time too, such as with threads like this one. It's like, if you just kept it real with your threads and controlled yourself a little or gave Bo at least a LITTLE bit of respect other than offhand insincere sounding stuff, your message would be much stronger. (Although it would still not change anything in the big picture)

Explain in detail the purpose of this thread.

In a previous thread The Greatest Fan wrote:

You are quite correct, and I haven't been one to call for Bo to be fired or said that he "sucks" as some of the children on this board keep saying, nor have I bad mouthed any players. I believe that Bo is a decent coach who eventually will be shown as not good enough for the Nebraska program and that he will ultimately fire himself. One thing I have to say for him, he is absolutely the luckiest coach ever. That's our good fortune, perhaps he'll continue his lucky streak for a few years!

This thread is just a continuation of that thought process. Except that here he is saying Bo agrees with him. You don't make it to a B1G Championship game on luck alone. Bo is an excellent coach and as others have said in this thread we are lucky to have him.

Last edited:

He said luck... and that means he understands that he is luckier than most???? I suppose we could fire him and get someone that has less luck??? Or are you saying you are in favor of keeping him now that you know he has karma on his side???
;)

You are quite correct, and I haven't been one to call for Bo to be fired or said that he "sucks" as some of the children on this board keep saying, nor have I bad mouthed any players. I believe that Bo is a decent coach who eventually will be shown as not good enough for the Nebraska program and that he will ultimately fire himself. One thing I have to say for him, he is absolutely the luckiest coach ever. That's our good fortune, perhaps he'll continue his lucky streak for a few years!

This thread is just a continuation of that thought process. Except that here he is saying Bo agrees with him. You don't make it to a B1G Championship game on luck alone. Bo is an excellent coach and as others have said in this thread we are lucky to have him.

You also don't make it to 3 out of the last 4 CCG's on just luck alone. And I suppose if you do, that means Bo is our man since he's "the luckiest coach alive"

He said luck... and that means he understands that he is luckier than most???? I suppose we could fire him and get someone that has less luck??? Or are you saying you are in favor of keeping him now that you know he has karma on his side???
;)

We'd better fire him soon. Who knows when his "luck" will run out. ;)

I think we are all missing the "message" inside the post... it's kind of a oxymoron of sorts. The poster goes by the name of Greatest Fan of All and obviously contradicts his title by the manner of his posts, therefore one can assume when he calls Bo the luckiest, he most likely meant that in a polar opposite reminiscent of his own title, and actually thinks Bo is without any luck and is therefore the most highly skilled coach in NCAA history.:wave:

Last edited:

Man, I'd love to have a time machine and somehow know how GFOA would behave in the early TO years while he was getting roughed up by OU. Wait...I do know, he's a hindsight guy. Pretty clearly.

I've noticed you don't post much and aren't very active while the team is doing well. You were all over these boards from preseason through OSU. I know you were gone etc, but your posts per day are still waaaaay down when the team succeeds.

I guess the thing is man, I don't see the end game in this for you. You think if you point out as many short comings as possible, what is the outcome? I know this is a discussion board and were here to talk, but your so driven and consistent in the tone of your posts. I can't figure it out! It's all so weird, since were all on the same "team" so to speak. heh

The thing is, when i lurked more I had a lot of respect for your opinion. In a lot of cases I still do. But you come across as silly a good amount of the time too, such as with threads like this one. It's like, if you just kept it real with your threads and controlled yourself a little or gave Bo at least a LITTLE bit of respect other than offhand insincere sounding stuff, your message would be much stronger. (Although it would still not change anything in the big picture)

Ah, those were the days! Being "roughed up" by OU and yet still being in the Top 10 every year. And, never having four losses in a season. Of course OU was a pain for us, but OU was great in those days and everyone knew it. No one that knew anything about football was on TO for those games. They we so good we knew that winning in Norman (odd years in the 70's) was darned near impossible back then (even Devaney had a tough time with that). TO played them super tough in Lincoln in 74, when OU had us totally out-manned. In 76, we had them beat until the first iteration of Sooner Magic hit us like a ton of bricks in the waning minutes. In 78, we beat their arses...but TO got screwed by the OB committee and we had to play them again. OU had the superior talent in every one of those games in the 70's and everyone knew it...TO played them better than anyone else could have. TO also learned a ton from OU and basically used the OU formula to build the NU juggernauts in the 80's and 90's.

You wonder why I don't post much when we win? Frankly, I don't post much when we lose either, but I prefer to let those that are elated over some of our comeback wins enjoy them, rather than pointing out what should be obvious to everyone. When you point out that the emperor has no cloths, folks get mad about it. Let them have their fun, I'm enjoying the excitement and the wins too...I just see it as what it is.

BTW, if you've lurked for a long time you should know by now that I don't care what you think of my opinions. You should also know that I am very sincere and consistent with my "message" (as you call it). If you find this thread "silly," that's good...it shouldn't get you worked up. I'm not trying to sculpt my messages to be "stronger" or more pleasing to the masses...I'm no politician.

Ah, those were the days! Being "roughed up" by OU and yet still being in the Top 10 every year. And, never having four losses in a season. Of course OU was a pain for us, but OU was great in those days and everyone knew it. No one that knew anything about football was on TO for those games. They we so good we knew that winning in Norman (odd years in the 70's) was darned near impossible back then (even Devaney had a tough time with that). TO played them super tough in Lincoln in 74, when OU had us totally out-manned. In 76, we had them beat until the first iteration of Sooner Magic hit us like a ton of bricks in the waning minutes. In 78, we beat their arses...but TO got screwed by the OB committee and we had to play them again. OU had the superior talent in every one of those games in the 70's and everyone knew it...TO played them better than anyone else could have. TO also learned a ton from OU and basically used the OU formula to build the NU juggernauts in the 80's and 90's.

You wonder why I don't post much when we win? Frankly, I don't post much when we lose either, but I prefer to let those that are elated over some of our comeback wins enjoy them, rather than pointing out what should be obvious to everyone. When you point out that the emperor has no cloths, folks get mad about it. Let them have their fun, I'm enjoying the excitement and the wins too...I just see it as what it is.

BTW, if you've lurked for a long time you should know by now that I don't care what you think of my opinions. You should also know that I am very sincere and consistent with my "message" (as you call it). If you find this thread "silly," that's good...it shouldn't get you worked up. I'm not trying to sculpt my messages to be "stronger" or more pleasing to the masses...I'm no politician.

No but you are a troll & you've gotten your jolleys now so it's time to leave until your next trollish thread. :wave:

Not. All I am saying is that Bo knows that we have been lucky to do as well as we have. We have only two losses and have made it to the BIG championship game...that's almost miraculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back