• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

I know this won’t go over well, but I hoped he’d do well at Youngstown and get another P5 gig. He had his moments, good and bad, but I actually liked the guy.
Ain’t nothing wrong with that. But I think we should all be at the point where we can admit he’s not landing a P5 HC job, and it has nothing to do with the delusional notion that he’s turning down big offers because he loves being a Penguin.

Ain’t nothing wrong with that. But I think we should all be at the point where we can admit he’s not landing a P5 HC job, and it has nothing to do with the delusional notion that he’s turning down big offers because he loves being a Penguin.

I’d never say never, but the idea that he’s sacrificing his P5 future to stay in Youngstown is a stretch.

There were at least as many delusional critics of him as there were delusional supporters of him.

That is not to say that anyone critical was delusional, or that anyone supportive was delusional.

There were at least as many delusional critics of him as there were delusional supporters of him.

That is not to say that anyone critical was delusional, or that anyone supportive was delusional.
Well this thread definitely contains those who are delusional supporters of him.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

He is in Youngstown because his children are still in school. I can promise you that even if he is fired he will find a gig with a P5 as a coordinator and who knows from there?

He is in Youngstown because his children are still in school. I can promise you that even if he is fired he will find a gig with a P5 as a coordinator and who knows from there?
You can’t promise me anything about Bo.

I agree he can land a coordinator position, but it won’t be at a big-time school. He’ll have to turn a D into a very strong unit before any team thinks about hiring him as a HC.

He is in Youngstown because that’s the best he can do right now.

I know you're way too dug in on this line now to back out, but it's looking sillier and sillier every time you say it.

You can’t promise me anything about Bo.

I agree he can land a coordinator position, but it won’t be at a big-time school. He’ll have to turn a D into a very strong unit before any team thinks about hiring him as a HC.

He is in Youngstown because that’s the best he can do right now.
And probably not for long.

I know you're way too dug in on this line now to back out, but it's looking sillier and sillier every time you say it.
To you perhaps but again.. other folks around the MVC think he is a good coach... So I will take people who are actually in the profession's opinion over your butt hurt disdain for the man.

To you perhaps but again.. other folks around the MVC think he is a good coach... So I will take people who are actually in the profession's opinion over your butt hurt disdain for the man.
So before I continue, let’s get this clarified.

If coaches in the profession say another coach is a good coach, @Hotlanta Husker will take their opinion and agree?

They love having him there. Plus coaches often say nice things about other coaches.

They love having him there. Plus coaches often say nice things about other coaches.
you really must think I am an idiot... what people talk about in closed doors and what they put out there to the public are 2 very different things. Conversations I or my friends have that coach in the conference think he is a good coach. The one critical thing they say is his offense is not dynamic enough to compete against high octane offenses than score 30+ pts a game. Watched them 3 times this year (Samford, Northern Iowa and SDSU) and I would agree that it is too vanilla and Mays is not dynamic enough to make it really click. Oh.. and he is too loyal to staff. (which Scott might be at fault for too).

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back