• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barfknechtl: Ok to fire a 9 win coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

That '08 (through '10) offense was at least as bad as this defense is bad.

That offense averaged 35 a game. Once NU finishes this season I'll be surprised if it's still at it's current 39.

Slightly better yards per game (16 yd advantage for 2008) than this year but, again, that will likely change.

No...the offenses don't play each other but that offense wasn't bad. This defense is. And this offense would struggle badly. Badly.

So... you feel qualified to assess that Bo should be fired, but you can't look around the CFB landscape and find a single candidate you think (a) would be an upgrade and (b) would be more likely than not to take the job if offered?
I am not qualified to fire Bo. It's not what i do for a living. I have stated many many times this year that I am just giving my opinion of what I think the direction our team is headed. Based on that, the only logical thing to change that to me is a change. I haven't a clue what coaches out there are willing to come to NU and which ones would success once they get here. I have no problem admitting that. I can guess. I can speculate, but I havent a clue who I would replace Bo with. Most of the people on this board throwing out names dont have a clue either. That is why we pay a AD. That's his job. I have never written a letter to a AD expressing my desire for a coach to be fired. I have never gotten gotten caught up in the assistant coach debates on Barney. Its not my job. That is Bo's job. I dont have a problem with somebody expressing an opinion that they think our Oline stinks or doesnt but thats not my thing. I watch Nebraska football, I see that we are woefully falling short in many many areas that I have already listed and I think the only way to fix it is to get a new coach. I will leave who our new coach should be to our AD and whether he should fire Bo. I am on here like most everybody else just giving opinions on how I see it.

He has won me as well. I will forever be happy with 9-4 seasons as long as we only get blown out of the building more then twice. I will also be satisfied with being.500 against teams that actually have a pulse. I will be ok with 600 yards of total offense for opposing teams and div 2 running backs running for 10 yards per carry. Sideline blowups and cusing out the fan base is ok with me from now on as well.

I am also going to start going back to my favorite old restaurant that serves crappy food now and has dirty bathrooms.

I have seen the light, we dont deserve anything better and shouldnt strive to get there. We should just sit back and hope it happens by chance with someone who has trended down the past 3 years.

you go from thread to thread challenging people who say that we don't have quality opponents. please let us know who those quality opponents are and why? We cant use their current ranks or stats to substaniate such a claim so what subjective scale are you going to use to deem any of the JV teams (minus UCLA) we have played as quality?

thanks

He was bragging last night about staying "competitive" in the Minn game as well as being competitive with UCLA for a quarter.

He was bragging last night about staying "competitive" in the Minn game as well as being competitive with UCLA for a quarter.

I just saw SoCalRed back pumping up that same Minnasota team. They are playing for Coach Kill and they are going to be an unstoppable force the rest of the year.

I am new to posting but have been lurking for a quite a while. I have come to one conclusion.

CM and Pelini reminds me a whole lot of Jay Carney and Obama.

His first 6 years a head coach. Thought I was clear on that.

Here's his resume prior to Texas:

Appalachian St. (NC)
Tulane (LA)
Tulane (LA)
Tulane (LA)
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina
North Carolina

<tbody> </tbody>

Focus in particular on his first 6 years or even his first 6 years at UNC.

You're not really trying to compare a guy that took over at places like App St. and Tulane to a guy who took over at Nebraska?

Just a fan of the program I grew up loving and thinking that we were successful because we did things differently (the whole "Nebraska Way" thing, terrible, I know).

As I said, if one single poster could present an attainable coaching candidate that is likely to improve on Bo's overall performance as HC of NU, I'm all for making a change.

As of this moment, I've seen a lot of wish lists and "potential up and comers" but nothing of any real substance in that department.

If I've stated we should wait for a "guaranteed" or "can't miss" coach, that's not realistic... but the candidate must have a resume at least as strong, but probably needs to be better, than what Bo had when he was hired, in my opinion. Otherwise, we'll probably just go through the same process.

Changed your tune again I see. Tell me which it is this minute....should the candidate simply have a resume equal or greater to Bo's at the time of his hiring or is the standard any guy you deem "attainable and likely to improve on Bo's overall performance?"

If it's the latter standard, there is no such thing. You can try to quantify it, but there isn't even close to enough data to yield a meaningful result. Ultimately, a guy is either unattainable or not likely too improve because you say so.

I don't divide the players up based on who recruited them.

We saw what BC did with "his kids"... obviously the talent of the kids is secondary to how the coach utilizes it. So, the recruiter of said kids is immaterial to me.

Shouldn't be. Because Bo hasn't recruited anything near the defensive talent that Callahan did (ironic that it was defensive talent that he piled up).

As I said, if one single poster could present an attainable coaching candidate that is likely to improve on Bo's overall performance as HC of NU, I'm all for making a change.

C'mon man...that's just plain dumb. NOBODY can guarantee anything like that. Anyone who could would be making a living in vegas.

So... you feel qualified to assess that Bo should be fired, but you can't look around the CFB landscape and find a single candidate you think (a) would be an upgrade and (b) would be more likely than not to take the job if offered?

OF COURSE...because we see what he has ACTUALLY done in the job. good lord.

Shouldn't be. Because Bo hasn't recruited anything near the defensive talent that Callahan did (ironic that it was defensive talent that he piled up).

I have always marveled at this. B.C a offensive guru leaves us an offense that can't score and a defense Pelini turns into a wall and Pelini a defensive guy builds an offense full of talent and his defense can't stop anybody from running wild. go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back