• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barfknechtl: Ok to fire a 9 win coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
Now it's not just national press. Barfknecht is saying it.

....In the meantime, stay far away from people who claim Nebraska can't financially afford a coaching change. That's laughable. The bump NU will get in Big Ten profits when the league signs its new TV deal in 2016-17 could pay for five firings and hirings.

Also, steer clear of the gloom-and-doomers who claim no one would want the Nebraska job if you fire a nine-win-a-year coach. Smart people in this business know there are far different kinds of nine-win seasons....

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131027/HUSKERS/131028711/1002

Of course, some will attack it saying they all only want to sell newspapers, apparently overlooking that fans with no financial interest are saying the same thing here and elsewhere.

If it comes to it, we can seek a better coach. If in the next 1-2 years Bo can't pull us out of mediocrity, we should. Nebraska's program wasn't built by fans and coaches and players who accepted mediocrity and feared change. Think about it: every time a player gets demoted and another one takes his place, it's in search of excellence. The same thing that applies to players applies to coaches - all the way to the top.

Last edited:

Wow, cause we KNOW (from tapegate) how highly Bo thinks of Shatel! Truth is funnier than fiction when you enter the Pelini world.

Shatel: Ok to fire a 9 win coach

The writer has never competed at a high-level so he lacks the proper perspective to even think about discussing something as complex as this

Last edited:
Smart people in this business know there are far different kinds of nine-win seasons....

Most spot on thing ever spoken about Husker Football and their "9 win seasons" 9 wins and being competitive is much different then 9 wins and 4 blowouts/losses shouldn't lose

10 wins now should be what 9 was before.

Last edited:

Let's just hope that if Eichorst feels compelled to make a coaching change, he's a bit more prepared than Pederson was. Firing a guy is easy. The hard work is having someone lined up to take the job.

Now it's not just national press. Shatel is saying it.

Of course, some will attack it saying they all only want to sell newspapers, apparently overlooking that fans with no financial interest are saying the same thing here and elsewhere.

If it comes to it, we can seek a better coach. If in the next 1-2 years Bo can't pull us out of mediocrity, we should. Nebraska's program wasn't built by fans and coaches and players who accepted mediocrity and feared change. Think about it: every time a player gets demoted and another one takes his place, it's in search of excellence. The same thing that applies to players applies to coaches - all the way to the top.
This is a link to Barknecht. What does Shatel have to do with it.

Eichorst is new here and most, myself included, know little about him. However, I'm sure whatever happens will be well thought out and planned amongst the powers that be. Worrying about haphazardly firing Bo without having our ducks in a row is nonsense! Everyone involved knows NU's history very well, and will of course do everything in their power to better the university and it's bell cow football program!

The way Spurrier and Meyer laughingly took their names out of the running in 2003 is still very clear in my mind. It appears our esteemed sportswriters have forgotten that, though.

If we fire Bo, we do have a chance to win the lottery with an up-and-comer and then we can hope he stays. But there's no reason to believe we'll lure a proven blue chip HC here.

Now it's not just national press. Shatel is saying it.

Whats a newspaper, lol?

Actually I've been a hard copy subscriber to the OWH for 22+ years...

I get a chuckle at all of these threads wanting Bo gone , guess they cant remember callahan and company.
Agree. It's not like Bo has gone 16-10 in his last 26 games, right? Wasn't that what you were always reminding us about FS? :Biggrin: I'm just playing, 'cibolo. Sounds like we're on the same page now and that's what matters.

I get a chuckle at all of these threads wanting Bo gone , guess they cant remember callahan and company.
yeah, your right, because we made a bad hire in B.C. we are doomed to make the same mistake again. There is no chance that our new A.D who is not S.P can make a good hire. We should dissolve our football team and replace it with a Hockey team. At least Pops will be happy.

Last edited:

I remember Callahan...inconsistency on O and D, sloppy play, missing intensity and leadership, division amongst the fan base, no BCS bowls, no league championships, all about "the process".....yeah, people should be happy that we don't have that anymore.....wait a tick

yeah, your right, because we made a bad hire in B.C. we are doomed to make the same mistake again. There is no chance that our new A.D who is not S.P can make a good hire. We should dissolve our football team and replace it with a Hockey team. At least Pops will be happy.
Let's put this in terms of the "battered wife" you guys keep bringing up.

Lady: It's so fun to be out on a date with you, my last husband was such a loser.
Date: Really? Did he hit you?
Lady: No.
Date: Cheat on you?
Lady: No. That's not it. It's just....he didn't make enough money. I know this makes me sound like a bad person, but...
Date: Oh no, I understand. Financial problems can ruin a marriage. Did he lose his job?
Lady: It's not that, he worked. But...he only only made $250,000 a year.
Date: Uhh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back