• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barfknechtl: Ok to fire a 9 win coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Callahan...inconsistency on O and D, sloppy play, missing intensity and leadership, division amongst the fan base, no BCS bowls, no league championships, all about "the process".....yeah, people should be happy that we don't have that anymore.....wait a tick

ha ha ha ha.:lol::lol:

6 years is not enough? I am trying to think of a coach that is now currently winning conference championships that didnt in their first 6 years but are now? Can't think of 1. I can think of quite a few who figured it out within 6. I guess the magic number is 7 or 8 years for you? What resources and tools have we held back from Bo and his staff?
I don't think Saban won anything big his first six years.

I am new to posting but have been lurking for a quite a while. I have come to one conclusion.

CM and Pelini reminds me a whole lot of Jay Carney and Obama.
You're off to a bad start. Politics are supposed to stay in the Cafe.

you are really thick dude. Those were his first TWO YEARS NOT YEAR 4, 5 AND 6. OUR COACH IS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.
Actually, those were years 5 and 6 of Mack's career. His first 4 were at Appalachian State and Tulane.

We may get the chance to find out, but I think Urban Meyer's response from 2003 still holds true. Pelini has won 9 or 10 games for five straight years, one of 4 programs to do so. If he wins 9, or even 8, this year and gets fired, I think any coach good enough to have attractive alternatives steers clear. If he only wins 7, all bets are off.
Remember, after striking out with a number of good alternatives, Pedersen had to settle for an unemployed coach.

If Pelini is fired it will not be because 9 or 10 wins per year isn't enough. In fact, his season records are the only reason he's still here. I don't think anybody on the planet is unclear about that.

I don't think Saban won anything big his first six years.

His first 6 years included a year at Toledo and 5 seasons at MSU. Saban arrived at MSU in 1995. The last time MSU had a winning record was 5 years prior to his arrival. On top of that, MSU was docked scholarships because of the coach Saban replaced.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back