• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barfknechtl: Ok to fire a 9 win coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier I'm converted. We want to be the guy in the corporation that never applies for a promotion because it could be risky, and we might fail. We're just going to take the safe 9 to 5 route, mow the lawn on Saturdays with our shorts, black socks and sandals. And say how crazy it was for that other guy that took the "risky" promotion was because he "might" fail. Oh yeah, he might also be parking a Lexus in the executive parking only stall. Success is NOT for cowards.
This is one of the more offensive lines of reasoning you guys have. What I'd say is, whether you want to keep Bo or not if you think the decision is about "courage," you're already wrong.

UB, aren't you also pretty critical of the coaching job Bo has done?

yep
doesn't mean I think it's time to fire him
obviously I'll go with what Eichorst decides, we'll see how it plays out
Bo's got some work to do to save his job, IMO
if he gets that job done, he deserves to stay
if he constinues to lose, buh bye

yep

I agree with this.

My requirements that Bo needs to accomplish this year are probably higher than yours (no more regular season losses, appearance in the B1G CG and at the very least a competitive game).

yep

I agree with this.

My requirements that Bo needs to accomplish this year are probably higher than yours (no more regular season losses, appearance in the B1G CG and at the very least a competitive game).
if he gets to Indy and can keep Urb from making a fool out of our team. I will shut up and wait for another year if he stays. Not holding my breath.

yep
+1
:thumbsup:

yep

This pretty much breaks it down to the simplest terms......

I agree with this.

At the beginning of the season, many were predicting a 10-2 reg season finish as being "realistic" (I thought it was overly optimistic, and predicted 9-3).

Now it's the bare minimum to avoid being fired?

I feel like the target is moving to fit the agenda.

Last edited:

I agree with this.

as bad a coach as Bo apperently is, if he gets to the ccg, he without a doubt gets more time

At the beginning of the season, many were predicting a 10-2 reg season finish as being "realistic" (I thought it was overly optimistic, and predicted 9-3).

Now it's the bare minimum to avoid being fired?

I feel like the target is moving to fit the agenda.

bo's emphatic optimism about the defense in january and beyond, combined with a powerful offense fueled the optimism
it has been mostly disapointing
still time to correct the perception

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back