• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bad news for Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen you wouldn't last in my kind of job for a week! You don't know what cynicism is until you do my type of work!! Do not need lectures from someone like you.......... You want to disprove my opinion then start with FACTS not gibberish. First off coaches tenure's continue to shrink every season. You don't think that's because of the money tied with winning at any cost? If so you are terribly naive imo.

The entire college coaching is now one huge turn table... nothing like it was 20 years ago. Take a look at your longest tenured coaches today... that will tell you everything you need to know. You want to cherry pick a few cases back to the 1917. make me laugh! What Dana Bible has to relate to todays coaching is exactly ZERO! Don't be ridiculous..........

I'll bite...what kind of work do you do?

Might end up to be a good thing for PSU. They get a cool $6M, sanctions weakened for a new coach, and that ends the annual speculation around O'Brien leaving for another job, which might be impacting their recruiting.

Might end up to be a good thing for PSU. They get a cool $6M, sanctions weakened for a new coach, and that ends the annual speculation around O'Brien leaving for another job, which might be impacting their recruiting.

*Shrugs* You could be right on with this assessment FLAS.. O'Brien was a good bandage for the past two seasons. Kept the ship floating. Only speculation that would be left would be who steps in now.

Money is usually the bottom line in most business decisions regardless of what you may think... I could say a lot more about your pollyanna POV but I won't! I NEVER said the money BUYS anyone anything but more stuff to buy... period! The only guarantee in life is eventually death........ Making all decisions purely on money is probably wrong but it's a hell of way that many use to keep score. College and Pro football are big businesses now. That's what happens when big money take over imo. I think 7.5 million a year for a college football coach simply proves what a money game it's all become. Priorities have been turned upside down because of the huge salaries and perks handed out........ but all the big money programs.

Bottom line please don't lecture me about what I believe... ok!! I'm simply saying what is going on today... and yes... it's ALL about the money! If you'd remove your rose colored glasses and take in the landscape you'd see what I'm saying it true! Win a lot and make lots of money........ lose to much and get canned!! Coaches mostly have ZERO loyalty to anything but themselves anymore!! Numerous examples of such if you care to look around!!

Why is it so bad to look out for yourself? My wife and I are the only ones looking out for our family. If that happens to bring more money, so be it. I have moved to a new job where I was making 12,000 more than the previous job. I thought it was a better situation and the extra money would allow for my wife to be at home more with our boys. It only took 6 months and I found a job making less. I wasn't happy. In this case money wasn't everything, but why would you fault me for looking out for myself/family? I realize we are talking about college coaches that make millions, but if they can continue to set up their grandkids and great grandkids who are we to judge?

Why is it so bad to look out for yourself? My wife and I are the only ones looking out for our family. If that happens to bring more money, so be it. I have moved to a new job where I was making 12,000 more than the previous job. I thought it was a better situation and the extra money would allow for my wife to be at home more with our boys. It only took 6 months and I found a job making less. I wasn't happy. In this case money wasn't everything, but why would you fault me for looking out for myself/family? I realize we are talking about college coaches that make millions, but if they can continue to set up their grandkids and great grandkids who are we to judge?

It's not bad to look out for yourself......... I'm simply saying that money is the driving force in many of these coaching decisions! Not what's best for anyone but the coach! That's the reality of the situation! We've had so many coaches giving reassurance to recruits how they aren't going anywhere while they are packing their bags to leave. There is little or no honor left from so many coaches today imo.

It's apples and oranges to compare some working guys financial situation versus a coach making millions that can't wait to jump and make even more millions! How much can anyone one person need or spend? I think their grandkids and great grandkids ought to make make it on their own! Sounds more like an aristocracy when people are now setting up future generations financially. We fought a war with England about such things 250 years ago! I can't completely blame coaches when you have schools throwing buckets of money at them pleading for their services. Rather distorted but welcome to big time college sports.........

Coaches take jobs making less all the time! The only difference it's very very very seldom of their own accord......

Money is usually the bottom line in most business decisions regardless of what you may think... I could say a lot more about your pollyanna POV but I won't! I NEVER said the money BUYS anyone anything but more stuff to buy... period! The only guarantee in life is eventually death........ Making all decisions purely on money is probably wrong but it's a hell of way that many use to keep score. College and Pro football are big businesses now. That's what happens when big money take over imo. I think 7.5 million a year for a college football coach simply proves what a money game it's all become. Priorities have been turned upside down because of the huge salaries and perks handed out........ but all the big money programs.

Bottom line please don't lecture me about what I believe... ok!! I'm simply saying what is going on today... and yes... it's ALL about the money! If you'd remove your rose colored glasses and take in the landscape you'd see what I'm saying it true! Win a lot and make lots of money........ lose to much and get canned!! Coaches mostly have ZERO loyalty to anything but themselves anymore!! Numerous examples of such if you care to look around!!
Said the cynic! It's not always about money, my friend.

Listen you wouldn't last in my kind of job for a week! You don't know what cynicism is until you do my type of work!! Do not need lectures from someone like you.......... You want to disprove my opinion then start with FACTS not gibberish. First off coaches tenure's continue to shrink every season. You don't think that's because of the money tied with winning at any cost? If so you are terribly naive imo.

The entire college coaching is now one huge turn table... nothing like it was 20 years ago. Take a look at your longest tenured coaches today... that will tell you everything you need to know. You want to cherry pick a few cases back to the 1917. make me laugh! What Dana Bible has to relate to todays coaching is exactly ZERO! Don't be ridiculous..........
Listen!!!!! You wouldn't last in my line of work either.

There is no difference in the coaching carousel now than there was twenty years, ago, or thirty, or forty, or sixty or seventy. Coaches are hired guns. Everyone knows that, and they get fired for no good reason at a moments notice, but unless you're dealing with a guy who has gone back to his dream job, their is little reason to have a sense of loyalty to any particular school or fan base.

So what? Seriously, who cares? But the vehemence with which you make your assertions is disturbing at best. I'm not sure what your anger stems from over this issue, but I suggest you try treating issues here as less than life or death.

Again, I say, it's not always about money, even if it looks like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back