• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bad news for Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching the bowl games today, and the topic has been brought up on ESPN several times today. There was a comment that O'Brien was "torn" about ditching Penn State. But mostly that both sides hope a deal is concluded during the coming week.

When TO was coaching the money wasn't close to what it is now, not even in the NFL.

And I don't think Peterson bailed on BSU. I think he wanted to challenge in a BCS conference and a slot opened in a natural fit for his history as a coach.

Wow...I agree

Think what you want.......... it's all about the MONEY!! End of story................. You are deluding yourself thinking Peterson didn't bail for money any more then O"Brian will bail for the money!!! You're FIRST STATEMENT proves my point actually... you're saying they DID NOT leave because the money wasn't close to what it is today! You really think TO was about the money? Really? Sell that on Ebay... :rolfl:

It's not about the money, because Peterson has had quite a few opportunities to leave for more money.

BTW: how many coaches quit there current job to go coach for less pay at a smaller school? And who cares if it's all about the money..somebody shows up at my desk on monday with a big bag of cash for my skills and I'm gone too

It's not about the money, because Peterson has had quite a few opportunities to leave for more money.

BTW: how many coaches quit there current job to go coach for less pay at a smaller school? And who cares if it's all about the money..somebody shows up at my desk on monday with a big bag of cash for my skills and I'm gone too
You just proved my point........ it is about the money!! I didn't say it was good or bad ... only what it is! I think you're debating yourself not me.......... Peterson? Just didn't offer ENOUGH money! Reach the number and almost all these guys are... FOR SALE! That's simply the way it is as you so aptly pointed out.........

Hold the phone! Somebody at ESPN, or O'Brien, is going to have egg on their face. According to a current PSU recruit, O'Brien told him he wasn't going anywhere.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/28/penn-state-head-coach-bill-obrien-tells-top-recruit-hes-staying-school/

This is getting interesting
If his plan was not to leave then why bother to interview? Practice? Makes no sense to interview if you're not interested in the job. It's possible that his buyout and their offer wasn't what O'Brian wanted....... impossible to know! Only thing we'll know very soon did he strike or deal with Houston or not?

You just proved my point........ it is about the money!! I didn't say it was good or bad ... only what it is! I think you're debating yourself not me.......... Peterson? Just didn't offer ENOUGH money! Reach the number and almost all these guys are... FOR SALE! That's simply the way it is as you so aptly pointed out.........

No, I did not prove your point.

Maybe the Texans and PSU should just switch coaches...since the Texan's former coach is a Nitt

How about we agree to disagree............ :Biggrin:

nope....if it was all about the money, he would have jumped at first opportunity for more money. I'm not naive enough to think that money doesn't come in to play, but it isn't just that or Nicky Saban would be coaching Texas

and when Bo leaves, fertile recruiting territory will have more to do with it than money

nope....if it was all about the money, he would have jumped at first opportunity for more money. I'm not naive enough to think that money doesn't come in to play, but it isn't just that or Nicky Saban would be coaching Texas
Actually Nick leverage that into a 7.5 million a year contract! Yea it's all about the money! These coaches all have lawyers and agents now... it's big business! The only thing that changes these deals is the amount of money involved........ name the right price and their current school doesn't anti up.. they are gone! There is almost NO chance these top coached are moving to smaller digs because the money isn't there! When they are riding high they are going to take full advantage.. of course not every single one but the vast majority.

You just said someone drops a pile of cash on your desk......... you're outta there? Same for these coaches............
You'll believe as you believe as will I................. no problem!!

Actually Nick leverage that into a 7.5 million a year contract! Yea it's all about the money! These coaches all have lawyers and agents now... it's big business! The only thing that changes these deals is the amount of money involved........ name the right price and their current school doesn't anti up.. they are gone! There is almost NO chance these top coached are moving to smaller digs because the money isn't there! When they are riding high they are going to take full advantage.. of course not every single one but the vast majority.

You just said someone drops a pile of cash on your desk......... you're outta there? Same for these coaches............
You'll believe as you believe as will I................. no problem!!

he coulda had $!0M...if all about money, then he goes for ALL the money.

he coulda had $!0M...if all about money, then he goes for ALL the money.

We don't know what he could have had..... we don't know what if anything was offered cause the story is he never interviewed?

Bottom line 7.5 makes him the highest paid college coach in the country. There is of course a limit even for TEXASS..... might be self imposed but I don't think TEXASS was going to pay him 10 million but that's pure speculation...........

The motivating force for most of these coaches is....... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as it is in most positions today!

If it wasn't about the money then you'd have a lot more coaches moving around for the same money...... that doesn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back