• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Avery Roberts is officially 'N' Update: 2016 High School Butkus Award Nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement will hopefully be great news for us. I still think Penn St. will pull out all the stops to try and flip this guy. This shows that this staff can recruit because normally Penn St. owns the east coast, especially when it comes to the LB position. Great job Mr. Bray! Welcome Avery:wave:

PSU very well may try and pull out all the stops to flip him...IF they have changed their minds and haven't cooled on him anymore. :)

However, with the way this announcement went down so close to him attending PSU's spring game and the fact that is being pretty vocal about peer recruiting, I get the feeling that Avery is going to stand firm in his commitment to NU.

No easier way to put it
This staff is doing a great job recruiting

Agreed....if the momentum continues and a few wins show up next season, it could be very impressive. One of the benefits of getting high quality athletes early is the staff can focus earlier on future players and classes.

PSU very well may try and pull out all the stops to flip him...IF they have changed their minds and haven't cooled on him anymore. :)

However, with the way this announcement went down so close to him attending PSU's spring game and the fact that is being pretty vocal about peer recruiting, I get the feeling that Avery is going to stand firm in his commitment to NU.

Yep

Just wanted to confirm that PSU in fact sucked. :Biggrin:

That statement will hopefully be great news for us. I still think Penn St. will pull out all the stops to try and flip this guy. This shows that this staff can recruit because normally Penn St. owns the east coast, especially when it comes to the LB position. Great job Mr. Bray! Welcome Avery:wave:

I doubt it, they said they cooled on him. :nod:

Maybe. If they want to then by all means I hope they do. It will end up being a waste of time and effort. I'd give it less than 1% chance at flipping him, if that. Like many of the others already committed he says he is 100% done with his recruitment and taking one official to NU and that is it. The relationship he has with Bray will be far too much for any team to overcome IMO. :)

Maybe. If they want to then by all means I hope they do. It will end up being a waste of time and effort. I'd give it less than 1% chance at flipping him, if that. Like many of the others already committed he says he is 100% done with his recruitment and taking one official to NU and that is it. The relationship he has with Bray will be far too much for any team to overcome IMO. :)

If they have gotten over their cooling on him.:rolleyes:

Roberts will stand firm. He is All 'N'!

Tom Lemming @LemmingReport I have been following Avery Roberts career for the past three years and there is no doubt he is an All-American with

Tom Lemming @LemmingReport Special skills. That's why he has been named as a Butkus Award nominee. 6'2" 220 4.4 40 from Wilmington Concord,DE.@AveryLB11 4*+ A talent.

CoPttExWgAAmgnW.jpg

Has set his visit date for the Fresno game. Will be coming with brother 2018 RB Grahm Roberts.

- Lets hope he can use the opportunity to sell Holmes/Echols/Gumbs on how good the D could be with all of them there. :)

Last edited:

I will take Grahm Roberts also. Glad we offered him, they seem to be close so I think Avery was excited once Grahm was offered. Hopefully he can join the class in '18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back