• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very familiar with color theory but I fail to see why the need to battle semantics. Black and white are neutral colors and go with every color on the wheel but he used the term complimentary instead, big deal.

C

Thank you.

Last edited:

These 3 absolutely compliment each other. Red, Black and White, the combination just works. I want Black helmets with either red or white face mask and a Red N with a thin white outline, Black jersey with the same coloring, Black pants, ditto, and Black socks and shoes.....
thumb.aspx

The combo works as proven by the HUSKERS parking only sign indicates....(and yes, I know that sign is mostly Red, but it shows definitive proof that black compliments red and white.)

Exactly. Even the official logo for the team included the black cursive "Huskers" across the N during many of the best moments in Husker history.

These 3 absolutely compliment each other. Red, Black and White, the combination just works. I want Black helmets with either red or white face mask and a Red N with a thin white outline, Black jersey with the same coloring, Black pants, ditto, and Black socks and shoes.....
thumb.aspx

The combo works as proven by the HUSKERS parking only sign indicates....(and yes, I know that sign is mostly Red, but it shows definitive proof that black compliments red and white.)

That sign is fine. Doesn't mean black needs to be included in the uniforms. It's just a personal preference. Some people want it, some don't. It's really just as simple as that.

On a side note, other Husker fan stuff that doesn't need to be included in the uniform but is fine as fan gear.

thumb.aspx

I have to completely disagree, as Black can be matched(paired, if that works better for you, with every color in the rainbow(and no one, including me, ever said that you can detect black in a rainbow, jeezers). But, I stand by my statement 100% that adding Black enhances every color you can match it with, including White, brown, blue, yellow, ALL COLORS are enhanced when paired with Black. My leather Husker jacket is, wait for it, Black and Red. And, it looks AWESOME!!! My Leather Husker hat is, wait for this too, Black and Red, and it looks AWESOME. We all get it that you don't want black, but a ton of us do, and like I also said, it's coming and there is nothing you can do about it, HAHA!!!! But seriously though, I just can't figure out why you guys are so dead set against a one off All Black uni, I just don't get it.

Also, theoretically whether Black is considered a color means absolutely nothing here, as it does exist and is in use in essentially facet of our everyday lives, including my type on this very page, now that is a fact.

JMO, but black does NOTHING to enhance the Huskers current look. Nothing at all. But seriously though, I just can't figure out why you guys are so dead set against keeping black off of a great uniform, I just don't get it.

this is turning into the "what color is this dress" debate that was all over the internet earlier this year....

img_3146.jpg

I'm a traditionalist and prefer something in blue. ;) After all, the Huskers did at one time have a better record at Memorial Stadium in blue jerseys than in red

http://www.huskermax.com/games/1923/02oklahoma23.html

Feel free to parlay this info into a successful bar bet sometime. :)

"The game was played on dirt, as grass had yet to be installed in the new stadium."

Just imagine, if downpour when playing :eek:

husker_zpsj1r5gtxy.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back