• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the bold, I have no doubt. To the rest, I never said it doesn't affect decisions, just that the amount it does is overplayed. Being a fan of something is also different than deciding to play at that school. And finally, I have no problem with alternate uniforms, they can make cool stuff that's red and white though. Why is black the only cool thing?

It's an Obama thing ................

......... thanks a lot Obama.:cool:

But what is your point?

C

The point was, that a poster is making a point that black was a compliment to most any other color. This is not true. Black is not included on the color wheel. A complimentary color is a color that is directly opposite from another color on the chart (wheel). Along with my teaching and coaching career, I have been an artist the majority of my life and still am. I do know color theory, inside and out. As a matter of fact, theoretically, black is not a color.

Last edited:
The point was, that a poster is making a point that black was a compliment to most any other color. This is not true. Black is not included on the color wheel. A complimentary color is a color that is directly opposite from another color on the chart (wheel). Along with my teaching and coaching career, I have been an artist the majority of my life and still am. I do know color theory, inside and out. As a matter of fact, theoretically, black is not a color.

so what, pray do tell, color is it in outer space?

I am very familiar with color theory but I fail to see why the need to battle semantics. Black and white are neutral colors and go with every color on the wheel but he used the term complimentary instead, big deal.

C

Got to admit that used to be me...but now I'm an old man and have decided that looking ridiculous is a birthright for kids and old people.
From day one my wife says that I suck at putting on different colored clothes that don't match! Hell, as long as there are no stains on them they are fine to me!

It's not so much the black that is ruining college football as much as the forward pass...talk about slapping "tradition" right in the face.

I am very familiar with color theory but I fail to see why the need to battle semantics. Black and white are neutral colors and go with every color on the wheel but he used the term complimentary instead, big deal.

C

Do not argue with him. He is an R-teast!!!

Maybe the new alternates will just be giant corn cob suits. I'd actually get a chuckle from that.

Looks like they already have Westerkamp modeling the new duds.

tumblr_inline_msbqxiW9bA1qz4rgp.jpg

I have to completely disagree, as Black can be matched(paired, if that works better for you, with every color in the rainbow(and no one, including me, ever said that you can detect black in a rainbow, jeezers). But, I stand by my statement 100% that adding Black enhances every color you can match it with, including White, brown, blue, yellow, ALL COLORS are enhanced when paired with Black. My leather Husker jacket is, wait for it, Black and Red. And, it looks AWESOME!!! My Leather Husker hat is, wait for this too, Black and Red, and it looks AWESOME. We all get it that you don't want black, but a ton of us do, and like I also said, it's coming and there is nothing you can do about it, HAHA!!!! But seriously though, I just can't figure out why you guys are so dead set against a one off All Black uni, I just don't get it.

Also, theoretically whether Black is considered a color means absolutely nothing here, as it does exist and is in use in essentially facet of our everyday lives, including my type on this very page, now that is a fact.

Last edited:

These 3 absolutely compliment each other. Red, Black and White, the combination just works. I want Black helmets with either red or white face mask and a Red N with a thin white outline, Black jersey with the same coloring, Black pants, ditto, and Black socks and shoes.....
thumb.aspx

The combo works as proven by the HUSKERS parking only sign indicates....(and yes, I know that sign is mostly Red, but it shows definitive proof that black compliments red and white.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back