• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could not have said it better. You know how I feel about folks who tweet recruits.

All I can say is take the high road friends. For those Nebraska fans that are tweeting Fitzpatrick stop it! It's not necessary and that's not what were about in Nebraska. He made his choice and we wish him the best.

All I can say is take the high road friends. For those Nebraska fans that are tweeting Fitzpatrick stop it! It's not necessary and that's not what were about in Nebraska. He made his choice and we wish him the best.

Well said, though I wonder how many of those Husker fans tweeting Dez are on this board and ready to take your advice

Just really can't believe fans tweet or twit or whatever at these kids. There are a lot of fricking whack jobs out there. Regarding Dez's dad, that's some drama I'd be happy to avoid. I get that you feel your son is being attacked, better to just move on or if you do say something keep it classy. Kind of ironic that he's reacting the same way as what he's reacting against.

I'll also say it so it's in this thread again. STOP TWEETING, TWITTING, WHATEVER THE HELL EVER AT THESE RECRUITS YOU NUTJOBS! IT'S ********ING WEIRD!

Last edited:

Yep. It would be easy to respond to name calling with name calling, but I hope most would not. One visit to a Twitter account told me all I needed to know. Some kids have a lot of talent, but don't lead you to BIG championship games. ACC maybe, but not BIG.

It's just time to move on ... cherish the the young men who are ready to entrust their college years to this University and coaching staff, and wish the others good luck wherever they end up.

Throwing further speculation and uneducated opinion on alleged unethical - not to mention unknown - recruiting practices is a waste of time and energy. I for one will be grateful for what we have.

This class is strong, with or without Dez.

RR was providing snips from USC on another thread that was locked, he brought up Simmons "being up in the air" . So gave him a quick update on what 247 was reporting. After the thread was unlocked I posted it there too, Sue me.... Haven't said anything else about him since.

But if you really wanna talk Simmons I will gladly speak on it after he commit's to a school.

I have a feeling if he commits to Nebraska, you won't be nearly as glad to "speak on it" than if he commits to Clemson. In that case:

images

Last edited:

Posted this 4 days ago. just sayin. ;)

Whoa, what a reach. :Biggrin:

Seriously, I think people look at Riley as a good closer because the entire staff builds relationships and he is able to close by proving he is the best guy to take care of your kids. Hell, is that even a question vs Harbaugh and Petrino? Their close has to be "I can get you to the NFL" or "We'll run this kind of offense". While both are incredible draws for these players, I think we'll get our share of quality guys with Riley selling that relationship that's more important than a couple of wins, or 10 spots in the draft, or quitting your NFL team early or getting into a motorcycle acciden........OK, you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back