• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munson was careful what he said but did not even try to refute it.

With Petrino involved would not surprise me in the least.

Not sure what Munson had to say regarding Simmons. 247 National Analyst reporting he has 2 sources with knowledge saying it will be Clemson...

Schools typically offer how many guys? Isn't it in the 50s or 60s? You're going to lose out more often than not. It's just that some drag it out to the end making them appear to be bigger deals than the ones that say yes or no much earlier.

I notice you didn't consider Q. Alexander a "big get" (assuming he stays). Or Bryant. I'm sure there are more you're underselling. You need to do a better job of "closing" me.

Very good point - guys that drag it out until the end seem to get more attention than the ones that get it over with earlier. It seems like we have some very highly rated guys (Raridon and POB for example) that are less splashy because they have been committed for so long and there is no drama.

It's not the loss of DF so much as loosing him to the despicable Univ of Lville and their two crooked head coaches......Petrino and Petino.

A. me saying I really hope so isn't negative. I say I really hope so because they would be really good additions. And as we have seen a few times this season nothing is a lock for these guys so that's where the hope comes in.

B. For the 12th time, I'm not freaking out. I made a simple statement about what my thoughts on Rileys closing ability is (once again, average or "good" not great/special IMO) and was reamed for it. so many of the posts I was simply defending my opinion. ( I have a right to do that right????? Maybe not)

Big Gets: POB, Dismuke, Raridon, Farniok (hopefully Jackson and Simmons)
Misses:All the guys I have mentioned multiple times (Simmons, Watts, Chandler, Alaric Jackson, Allen and Fitz- maybe some shady moves IDK. I guess I will hear about it eventually.
- Probably a few names I am forgetting for both sides of that

Agree or disagree I don't care but if someone is going to attack me for my point of view then I am going to defend it. All I can go off of is the information I have (I.E. who is going to ultimately sign here and play for the Huskers. From what I see so far my opinion is that I wouldn't place him in that upper "great" category. That is all.

Eh. I think people read the tone of your posts differently than they sound in your own head. As for "getting reamed"; just brush off the hate man. It does no good to let the give and take of a message board eat at you.

Back to recruiting talk. I do see where your concerns come from. We have missed on a lot of our "Plan A" guys. Second place in recruiting is the same as first loser. Being in a guy's top four probably just means you wasted more time on him than on a player who never returns your calls in the first place. I, for one, was way more bummed out about Anchrum and David Reese than Dez. We could use another tackle and Reese has a natural nose for the ball. But the commitments from Dismuke, POB, Farniok, and Tre Bryant are huge gets, and they are all "Plan A" guys. They show that the staff can, in fact, shoot straight on recruiting. Raridon and Brokop are also great gets but I can't give credit to Riley since they have been committed since the old staff. The point is that focusing on the ones we didn't get isn't really productive. I can argue that every one of those guys is a better use of resources than Dez. This year is still looking good without him. Considering that we went 6-7 last year; I think our class looks solid. We have addressed our poor depth at corner and safety. We'll sign four high quality o-linemen. And we are bringing in four defensive ends. All things considered I give Riley a B+.

Its always better to have another great player, but we aren't exactly barren at WR (we return our 4 leading wideouts). DPE and Lavan Alson will be returning from injury. Keyan Williams is also coming to the program and won't even cost us a scholarship. Not to mention, Derrion Grim and JD Spielman are both super-high upside guys. Sure, it would be nice to get some bigger bodies. But Dez alone doesn't overhaul our receiving corps. Besides, Tommy is the part of our passing game that worries me in 2016. The pass catchers will do well.

Lastly, I don't think Dez was a must get, and missing on Dez doesn't make Isaiah Simmons a must get. No player is a must get. If losing one guy totally screws your class, then the class was crap in the first place. Overall, I'm very happy with the class and I'm looking forward to Jackson's announcement tomorrow.

Eh. I think people read the tone of your posts differently than they sound in your own head. As for "getting reamed"; just brush off the hate man. It does no good to let the give and take of a message board eat at you.

Back to recruiting talk. I do see where your concerns come from. We have missed on a lot of our "Plan A" guys. Second place in recruiting is the same as first loser. Being in a guy's top four probably just means you wasted more time on him than on a player who never returns your calls in the first place. I, for one, was way more bummed out about Anchrum and David Reese than Dez. We could use another tackle and Reese has a natural nose for the ball. But the commitments from Dismuke, POB, Farniok, and Tre Bryant are huge gets, and they are all "Plan A" guys. They show that the staff can, in fact, shoot straight on recruiting. Raridon and Brokop are also great gets but I can't give credit to Riley since they have been committed since the old staff. The point is that focusing on the ones we didn't get isn't really productive. I can argue that every one of those guys is a better use of resources than Dez. This year is still looking good without him. Considering that we went 6-7 last year; I think our class looks solid. We have addressed our poor depth at corner and safety. We'll sign four high quality o-linemen. And we are bringing in four defensive ends. All things considered I give Riley a B+.

Its always better to have another great player, but we aren't exactly barren at WR (we return our 4 leading wideouts). DPE and Lavan Alson will be returning from injury. Keyan Williams is also coming to the program and won't even cost us a scholarship. Not to mention, Derrion Grim and JD Spielman are both super-high upside guys. Sure, it would be nice to get some bigger bodies. But Dez alone doesn't overhaul our receiving corps. Besides, Tommy is the part of our passing game that worries me in 2016. The pass catchers will do well.

Lastly, I don't think Dez was a must get, and missing on Dez doesn't make Isaiah Simmons a must get. No player is a must get. If losing one guy totally screws your class, then the class was crap in the first place. Overall, I'm very happy with the class and I'm looking forward to Jackson's announcement tomorrow.

To the second bold part...exactly.

To the first...yeah, they committed before Riley showed up but I wouldn't assume that NU didn't have to "close" them again because I would bet a lot of money other programs...programs closer to home...certainly tried to flip them.

Rairdon as a legacy committed to the school so you could argue no coach gets a perk for that one.

Brokop the staff had to recruit because early on in the Riley area there was a great deal of uncertainty until he met Cav.

Oh and agree on the second bold too.

To the second bold part...exactly.

To the first...yeah, they committed before Riley showed up but I wouldn't assume that NU didn't have to "close" them again because I would bet a lot of money other programs...programs closer to home...certainly tried to flip them.

A. me saying I really hope so isn't negative. I say I really hope so because they would be really good additions. And as we have seen a few times this season nothing is a lock for these guys so that's where the hope comes in.

B. For the 12th time, I'm not freaking out. I made a simple statement about what my thoughts on Rileys closing ability is (once again, average or "good" not great/special IMO) and was reamed for it. so many of the posts I was simply defending my opinion. ( I have a right to do that right????? Maybe not)

Big Gets: POB, Dismuke, Raridon, Farniok (hopefully Jackson and Simmons)
Misses:All the guys I have mentioned multiple times (Simmons, Watts, Chandler, Alaric Jackson, Allen and Fitz- maybe some shady moves IDK. I guess I will hear about it eventually.
- Probably a few names I am forgetting for both sides of that

Agree or disagree I don't care but if someone is going to attack me for my point of view then I am going to defend it. All I can go off of is the information I have (I.E. who is going to ultimately sign here and play for the Huskers. From what I see so far my opinion is that I wouldn't place him in that upper "great" category. That is all.

So if Riley would use Petrino's tactics he would be a GREAT closer in your eyes? Somehow I think the answer is yes. :facepalm:

So if Riley would use Petrino's tactics he would be a GREAT closer in your eyes? Somehow I think the answer is yes. :facepalm:

Quite a leap and assumption there yeah? Lol, everyone continues to tell me to chill out yet every post continues to be someone jumping all over me just because of an opinion I have.

Good posting! Look forward to more of your thoughts.

I would give Riley more credit than you might for keeping kids that had previously committed to the old crew. It can be hard to keep those commits intact after a hard staff breakup. Look at how many oral commits backed out after Callahan was fired.

As for some who seem to be constantly negative, if they are feeling some heat coming back at them it should be expected. On a fan message board, fans will be fans.

Not sure what Munson had to say regarding Simmons. 247 National Analyst reporting he has 2 sources with knowledge saying it will be Clemson...

Thread isn't about Simmons. It's about Dez. But, hey, people are just jumping on you because of your opinion on Riley closing, right? I mean, if going after Munson on Simmons in a Fitz thread to prove a point about Riley's closing capability isn't trolling, I'm not sure what is.

RR, and others, do you think Munson was just winging it on the radio show? Can he possibly have any real info on which to base those accusations? Seems to be going a little far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back