• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I am not that concerned about it. I think we are not recruiting as well as others thing we are, but I think it is ok. We are definitely not recruiting as well as we have in the past, but keeping these players and not having all of them leave the team can go a long way. So I am not all doom and gloom, but HCMR and his staff are not winning the recruiting battles they should be.

Have you taken in to consideration that previous classes were inflated because we kept recruiting baseball players that had no chance of coming to lincoln? But that would fit your MO.

Difference is..HCMR will take the 2* and make them 4* where as the old coach took the 4* and made them 2*

Have you taken in to consideration that previous classes were inflated because we kept recruiting baseball players that had no chance of coming to lincoln? But that would fit your MO.

Yes I have. I actually mentioned that in my initial post of our analysis over the last 12 years. FWIW those were two players. We also had a number never come because they went JUCO, get kicked off the team, leave the team because of the coaches, go to other teams because they were not loyal to Nebraska etc. The problem is, we are comparing a bunch of things that happened over a players 5 year career to a class that just signed moments ago. That is actually unfair to the other classes. We don't know what will happen to these guys. I trust Riley's judgement better than Bo's. But I don't think he is getting it done recruiting wise. Right now Michigan State is lapping us.

I'll look at the average star rating of our last 8 classes. And just like it was pointed out, a few of those classes will look better than they were due to counting 4 STAR baseball players that were never going to play at Nebraska. I'll adjust the ratings for those players as well.

When is this going to happen? Will our team full of 4* players do better than 7-7?

Probably about the same time you leave the board because you ran out of things to whine about.

A day of excitement for Husker fans, and you're busy with your usual whinefest.

I'll look at the average star rating of our last 8 classes. And just like it was pointed out, a few of those classes will look better than they were due to counting 4 STAR baseball players that were never going to play at Nebraska. I'll adjust the ratings for those players as well.

Will you adjust our rating from last year over the 4* player that we received who quit after a whopping four games? Comparing what happened after a class panned out to a newly signed class is an apples and oranges comparison. You can do that if you would like, but it is really manipulative. In our case with the baseball players, the KC recruit was very close to choosing us over baseball. The Milwakee guy maybe not so much.

Probably about the same time you leave the board because you ran out of things to whine about.

A day of excitement for Husker fans, and you're busy with your usual whinefest.

Maybe you should go back and actually read my post instead of injecting what you think I am saying into it. I actually give us credit for many things.

Will you adjust our rating from last year over the 4* player that we received who quit after a whopping four games?

He didn't come to Nebraska until months after signing day. He will not be included in the rating system I provide after you give us your "synopsis."

The baseball guys were not going to play in Lincoln and turn down millions of dollars. They were able to use Nebraska as some nice leverage in their contract negotiations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back