• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 sports seasons from a guy who knows

1585323479210.png

1585323522780.png

that's interesting. please do when you can. When I was helping my neighbor jack off his horse he told me the same thing. I think more is going to be leaking out in the coming days. Kind of makes me wonder even about high school sports. Are they more or less apt to get canned than the pros and college?

Attachments

• 1585327648066.png
    1585327648066.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 51

If you have football in the Spring, I assume you're referring to 2021, what would you do in the Fall? Have 2 seasons in one calendar year?
Finally an opportunity to move college football to the spring and have nearly year round football. Both NFL and college can now play on Saturday and Sundays. Super Bowl in February. College starts March 1st.

Is it logistically possible that football occur in the spring? Honest question, have no idea. It would be weird but better than losing a whole season. Still a lot of time between now and fall though so hopefully things get under control.

The boogie man will likely reappear in the spring, so probably not.

We will have college football this fall unless our death toll spirals completely out of control. The public is not going to sit by indefinitely.

I think that things that draw crowds - malls, sporting events, theatre, churches, etc. - are finished until there is a vaccine. This virus is too contagious and too lethal (comparatively speaking).

So I think absolute best case is spring 2021 sports. More realistic may be summer and fall 2021 sports.

We will have college football this fall unless our death toll spirals completely out of control. The public is not going to sit by indefinitely.
m

Except that this decision will not be up to the public, unfortunately. The NCAA made very quick calls on March Madness and CWS. I pray to God we have a season but like Kirk, I would be absolutely shocked if it happens.

m

Except that this decision will not be up to the public, unfortunately. The NCAA made very quick calls on March Madness and CWS. I pray to God we have a season but like Kirk, I would be absolutely shocked if it happens.
I'm willing to give up on a lot of things, but I can't bring myself to give up hope on having a college football season. We survived world wars, other pandemics, presidential assassinations, 9/11, etc. I have to believe we'll get through it. Without that hope, i might as well give up now.

I'm willing to give up on a lot of things, but I can't bring myself to give up hope on having a college football season. We survived world wars, other pandemics, presidential assassinations, 9/11, etc. I have to believe we'll get through it. Without that hope, i might as well give up now.

we will get through it. It just won’t be on our time table. Pray for a vaccine.

I think we have enough of the right people to say enough is enough. The hysteria moves from the masses to the minority, and we stop the nonsense. Sorry, we lose people every minute to one disease or another, and we don’t stop living. If this exact same thing happens in the 70s or 80s, we barely bat an eye, but this is the silly generations, so everything is somehow special.

The end is near, and I’m not talking about civilization. I’m of the belief the adults in the room are about to get things back in order.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back