5 Year Member
One of my best friends is a consultant to a number of professional, semi-pro, and college sports programs. He meets with the heavyweights in these programs/organizations regularly. Here is what he is telling me:
- NBA is likely done for the year.
- MLB is likely done for the year, as are affiliated minor league teams
- MLS could possibly resume a condensed season late fall
- NHL brass is still trying to resume in July, but he thinks they are not being realistic
- NFL almost certainly will not start on time. Executives are hoping for a fall training camp and a short season.
- NCAA fall sports are in jeopardy, it is unlikely they will play, and if they do, it will be condensed seasons.