• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 sports seasons from a guy who knows

Thats a good point. No matter what the reality is, the NCAA is likely to take the "if we can avoid 1 death" stance.

The fact that they weren't willing to finish the college basketball season even with empty stands, kind of tells you how much precaution they are taking. Our governor in AZ is predicting we will peak here in May. Despite nearly 4 million people in PHX, we have tested less than 1000 people here with nearly 700 cases. So basically everyone tested has had it.

The fact that they weren't willing to finish the college basketball season even with empty stands, kind of tells you how much precaution they are taking. Our governor in AZ is predicting we will peak here in May. Despite nearly 4 million people in PHX, we have tested less than 1000 people here with nearly 700 cases. So basically everyone tested has had it.
That's a wild number of tests versus positive cases.

In Nebraska to be tested you have to be have traveled from somewhere, been around someone who has traveled from somewhere, or been around someone known positive, so basically they test only high risk people. Yet the positive results have been around 5% of total tests. As of last Thursday there was 74 cases and 1584 negative tests.

That's a wild number of tests versus positive cases.

In Nebraska to be tested you have to be have traveled from somewhere, been around someone who has traveled from somewhere, or been around someone known positive, so basically they test only high risk people. Yet the positive results have been around 5% of total tests. As of last Thursday there was 74 cases and 1584 negative tests.

Because the weather is so good here, LOTS of people are still out and about. Golf courses are very busy—even during the week. We are supposed to hit 90 next week. I am not sure the warm sun is helping here.

Because the weather is so good here, LOTS of people are still out and about. Golf courses are very busy—even during the week. We are supposed to hit 90 next week. I am not sure the warm sun is helping here.

I'm curious, when did they close the schools out there, and when did they ask for no more then 10 people together?

I'm curious, when did they close the schools out there, and when did they ask for no more then 10 people together?

Yes, they closed the schools a few weeks ago and did the 10 people thing on 3/17 for bars and restaurants. Gyms finally closed last week.

Where are we seeing exposure slowing down? It’s doubling every other day. Last Friday there were 18,000+ cases. Today, not even a week later, it’s the most in the world. Passed China, with 1.3 billion people. Trump is full of crap if he thinks things are ready to roll by Easter. This is a huge problem. For everyone.

Not disagreeing with you, but let’s be honest - China is not honest.

Not disagreeing with you, but let’s be honest - China is not honest.
This x100. Anytime someone bases any sort of evidence off of anything coming out of China as far as statistics, I no longer take that person seriously. Being too credulous gets people killed when you're dealing with a murderous regime.

21 million fewer cell phone users in China in the last 90 days. Where did they go ?
That number is huge, and it can't be discounted, but keep in mind that ex-pats living there had to have Chinese SIM cards for their phones (I know this because I lived there), so I'm guessing that some of those cell phone users would include ex-pats who have left since the on-set of the virus. Ditto for any Chinese who were able to leave. There is a huge market for creating fake credentials for Chinese citizens to lie in order to get a dual passport with places like Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, et al., and anyone who had a non-Chinese passport--even if they were Chinese--was likely to leave as soon as they knew what was happening. Add together all of the above, and it would be a sizable number compared to what you'd be likely to assume, still ... millions of people have had this disease in China that didn't show up in the government's statistics, and some percentage of those people died. We'll never know how many. Their government takes drastic measures to make sure that the truth doesn't have a chance to survive.

Going further with the Chinese people's response to the virus, I was perplexed to hear talk of Chinese citizens traveling to Italy to visit their families there during the Chinese New Year. That is NOT how things usually work in China. The entire country packs up and leaves, going back to their ancestral homes. Then it occurred to me that people in Italy weren't going to go back to China when it looked like there was a pandemic brewing, and they likely brought their relatives to China to help them get away from it, which is what probably you or I would do if faced with a similar family situation. Those folks fleeing China's pandemic took it to Italy. They did NOT take it to a lot of other more likely destinations--including the U.S.--because other countries had put travel bans in place for those coming from China.

Last edited:
Football ain't gonna happen, and probably not BB again either. Which wouldn't be the worst thing to happen for Wichita St. right now.

The big question in my mind, ncaa football-wise, is whether or not the players will lose a year of eligibility if the whole season is cancelled. It would be crappy to steal a year from everyone, but if you don't, they're going to have to do something about scholarship limits or else the 2020 class is going to get screwed in recruiting.

The NCAA just announced that athletes who would have participated in spring sports will be granted an extra year of eligibility. That means everybody, not just seniors. Schools will be allowed to expand rosters to accommodate incoming freshmen as well as the seniors who stay for an extra year. They left it up to each school to decide whether the seniors who stay will get less financial aid or not.

If fall sports are cancelled entirely, I would expect the same to be done for those sports but nobody knows yet.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back