• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. S

Michigan cheaters

What really killed me was Frost was cheating and was still horrible….
  2. S

Written tour of historical/hidden Memorial Stadium

I used to run in mushroom gardens in the late 80’s as well. Changed in what I think was the jv/visitors locker room in the field house. Those facilities used to be pretty wide open. I also remember actually attending a track meet it mushroom gardens. I had to have been pretty young as it would...
  3. S

Ben Brahmer - Pierce

Ben Brahmer from Pierce was offered by Iowa State this week. Kid is a sophomore and a stud and smart too. Dad is a great coach and principal at Pierce. I would imagine that he is more than just acquaintances with Ethan Piper as Piper's dad works at Pierce as well. Hope we get in on this kid.
  4. S

Too soon, but...

Never said he was a saint and never said "If Frost can't do it.....then who can?" I am sick of firing coaches, it really hasn't worked out. I'm also old enough to remember that there was a large number of people who wanted to run Osborne out of town. I almost got into a fight during the 1995...
  5. S

Too soon, but...

If frost is gone in the next ten years for any reason other than his tragic death, I will never watch husker football again. This self congratulatory fan base is irritating enough as it is. Just as some states keep voting idiots into office (I’ll let you choose your particular idiots), we get...
  6. S

Jim McFarland / Husker TE & Senator dead at 73

I met Jim McFarland while in law school and interviewed for a clerk job with his firm. He didn’t hire me, but I still remember the nice conversation that we had. I had lived in Lubbock texas for a short time, and he told a great story about playing in an all star game there shortly after the big...
  7. S

Nebraska Football Parents Aren’t Playin’

How do these parents of these adults have standing to do anything in this situation?
  8. S

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

I’m glad that my living doesn’t depend on the whims of 18 year old kids. I can’t even comprehend how bad I would be at kissing butts of these high school kids. However, these coaches do make a lot more money than I do.
  9. S

Let’s have all the husker fans in husker nation go to Ireland and support them in their game against Illinois

I love the Huskers, but if I’m going to Ireland for probably the only time in my life, I’m not going to a football game, but that’s my opinion.
  10. S

Football facilities announcement

Stupid question, but does the football team use the Cook Pavilion at all anymore?
  11. S

Wan'dale Robinson won't be charged with marijuana possession

Not near as exciting as not wanting to prosecute football players. Basically, the legislature legalized industrial hemp. Industrial hemp was defined as cannabis with less than a certain percentage of thc. Marijuana definition now says that “industrial hemp” is not marijuana. Industrial hemp and...
  12. S

Wan'dale Robinson won't be charged with marijuana possession

This is not a surprise, the legislature effectively legalized marijuana last session, or at least made it unenforceable, which is why there is “insufficient evidence”
  13. S

Fox Sports NOT on Dish TV

I cut the cord four years ago and will never go back. I watch what I want when I want. Ended up landing on Hulu live after trying several different services. However, if I want to change, it real easy to cancel and start something else.
  14. S

Jahkeem Green Is On Campus; Officially N

Friends don't let friends move to Lubbock....been there, done that, wish I had some decent friends at the time to warn me. In fairness, they didn't know how big a crap hole it was either.
  15. S

Myles Farmer latest devils lettuce citation recipient

Still less of a crime than drinking a beer before you turn 21...not sure it is new worthy, but I guess I wasn't asked.
  16. S

Softball Coach Rhonda on leave

So I worked for UNL Landscape services in the early 90’s. We built, maintained, and repaired all of the irrigation systems on campus, including the athletic department. If we had to work on the softball field, then behind Mabel Lee Hall, Revelle would always show up with sodas or other treats...
  17. S

UNL Christmas Tree Theft

If it hadn’t been a crappy cedar tree, you wouldn’t have had to spend so much money on green spray paint
  18. S

Toughest Huskers

My father played baseball with Tom Novak and he always said he had no fear of anything. He would run into the outfield fence without slowing down a step. I got to know Tom a little bit when I worked for the UNL Landscape services. He would answer the phone for Bill Shepherd. If we didn't...
  19. S

Layoffs at the OWH?

Little towns are dying because of consolidation in agriculture. When I was a kid, there were 2-3 farms on a section now it’s the opposite. As for Amazon, etc, over 50% of amazon sales are from third party sellers selling on their platform. If I was a small retail store, I’d sure as heck use that...
  20. S

Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels.

I have never drank inside Memorial Stadium, nope, I've never smuggled a bottle of everclear in my cowboy boots when I was in college, it wasn't me.

Back