• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU and Texas reach out to SEC

Bravo. As usual the nastiness rears it’s head when you dare question this poster. In reality I’m just questioning the dribble of the bloggers he has faith in but then has the nerve to claim some major sports writer’s don’t have any more credibility than the average fan. Don’t back down to his bully pulpit @Sooner 24.
Believe you me if it turns out OU put out feelers and was rejected by the Big 10 I’ll admit it. I’m just not willing to take the word of some random poster on an internet message board.

I found this read very interesting, a lot in there about the history of the ‘ol SWC. When the Razorbacks bolted to the SEC in 1990 sounds like AD Frank Broyles got some bad intel at the time…

Jack Crowe, Arkansas coach in 1990-92

Crowe: I was told that Texas and Texas A&M were coming with us, along with Florida State. [SEC commissioner] Roy Kramer was going for the whole enchilada now. He was going for all the television markets because that's all it was about. It was about television. It was about going to get the TV contract and sharing the revenue.

Believe you me if it turns out OU put out feelers and was rejected by the Big 10 I’ll admit it. I’m just not willing to take the word of some random poster on an internet message board.
What’s funny and ironic is him expecting you to admit when you’re wrong when I’ve never seen a mea culpa from him. His evaluations of our team, coaching, and a certain quarterbacks play have proven that his opinion of himself are highly overrated. It’s just sad that good posters that did know what they were talking about let him get under their skin.

What’s funny and ironic is him expecting you to admit when you’re wrong when I’ve never seen a mea culpa from him. His evaluations of our team, coaching, and a certain quarterbacks play have proven that his opinion of himself are highly overrated. It’s just sad that good posters that did know what they were talking about let him get under their skin.

You continue to be so focused on this. Instead of actually discussing topics, you continue to come back to this. It's a little weird.

I just don’t like it when a man calls another man sweetheart. Those words typically mean we’re throwing hands.
D0B8AB3A-9A19-449A-A5AE-4D6BA3678559.jpeg

Last edited:
Bravo. As usual the nastiness rears it’s head when you dare question this poster. In reality I’m just questioning the dribble of the bloggers he has faith in but then has the nerve to claim some major sports writer’s don’t have any more credibility than the average fan. Don’t back down to his bully pulpit @Sooner 24.
I agree with a lot of his ideas on expansion. I understand where he’s coming from. I’ve read a lot of the same stories and tweets. However there’s a lot of big time writers like Dennis Dodd saying it’s not happening the way Others are saying. It’s a wait and see thing. I don’t for a second actually believe the BIG turned down Oklahoma. If that actually happened out conference deserves to be dissolved and we can go play in the Mountain West. The SEC makes bug moves. The BUG adds Rutgers and Maryland. I love Nebraska but I honestly hate the BIG and have since I could walk. I don’t like a single BIG school other than my Huskers.

I agree with a lot of his ideas on expansion. I understand where he’s coming from. I’ve read a lot of the same stories and tweets. However there’s a lot of big time writers like Dennis Dodd saying it’s not happening the way Others are saying. It’s a wait and see thing. I don’t for a second actually believe the BIG turned down Oklahoma. If that actually happened out conference deserves to be dissolved and we can go play in the Mountain West. The SEC makes bug moves. The BUG adds Rutgers and Maryland. I love Nebraska but I honestly hate the BIG and have since I could walk. I don’t like a single BIG school other than my Huskers.

Anyone who thinks this is all that will happen is incredibly naive (or Kevin Warren). The SEC is not done expanding, the ACC is doing whatever they can to keep their conference together and looking to expand, the Big 10 is (probably) looking to expand, the Big 12 knows they are done, and the Pac 12 is wondering what to do next. At this point, it's not a matter of things changing or not, it's a matter of how much.

You continue to be so focused on this. Instead of actually discussing topics, you continue to come back to this. It's a little weird.
Maybe ask your posse why they feel the need to attack anyone that doesn’t agree with their opinion. Sorry I’m not going to agree with everything the SD ball coach regurgitates as fact. Funny how he ran off who many thought was one of the best posters on here with the same tactics.

Maybe ask your posse why they feel the need to attack anyone that doesn’t agree with their opinion. Sorry I’m not going to agree with everything the SD ball coach regurgitates as fact. Funny how he ran off who many thought was one of the best posters on here with the same tactics.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

Anyone who thinks this is all that will happen is incredibly naive (or Kevin Warren). The SEC is not done expanding, the ACC is doing whatever they can to keep their conference together and looking to expand, the Big 10 is (probably) looking to expand, the Big 12 knows they are done, and the Pac 12 is wondering what to do next. At this point, it's not a matter of things changing or not, it's a matter of how much.
Oh I agree completely. I enjoy the rumor mill. I enjoy a lot of MABC’s write ups. I enjoyed a lot of ***’s write ups. Both brought something I can’t to this board. I will snap back though when a poster I like gets messed with. I’m just here making as many people mad as possible. It’s why I actually enjoy hot topics more.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back