• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU and Texas reach out to SEC

I'm nearing the point where I'm all in on as much chaos as possible because it seems more fun than the seasons have been lately. It's like watching a giant train wreck in slow motion. It's just too bad people are probably going to get hurt in the process (at least financially).

Really, if the SEC were to go get Clemson they would be an Ohio State and change away from saying screw you to the rest of the NCAA, creating their own SEC playoff, saying that their champ is the national champ and not even participating in the CFP playoff.

At that point anyone who has any desire or potential to win a title would be begging to get in or permanently be 2nd tier.

I'm nearing the point where I'm all in on as much chaos as possible because it seems more fun than the seasons have been lately. It's like watching a giant train wreck in slow motion. It's just too bad people are probably going to get hurt in the process (at least financially).

Really, if the SEC were to go get Clemson they would be an Ohio State and change away from saying screw you to the rest of the NCAA, creating their own SEC playoff, saying that their champ is the national champ and not even participating in the CFP playoff.

At that point anyone who has any desire or potential to win a title would be begging to get in or permanently be 2nd tier.
And good luck getting 75% of the country to watch. I already do not watch much of the SEC games. For some reason.

And good luck getting 75% of the country to watch. I already do not watch much of the SEC games. For some reason.
That could be true and I don't think they care. They don't get people like you now to watch so why bother trying, just grab as many of the big names as you can to increase your brand and get those viewers over the SEC. The SEC and the fans from the big boys probably make up more than 25% of college football fans and then a certain percentage of football fans would still watch. Then they have a 6 or 8 team SEC playoff and keep all of the money to themselves.

Obviously, I'm no business genius. I'm just thinking about how much chaos could be created.

That could be true and I don't think they care. They don't get people like you now to watch so why bother trying, just grab as many of the big names as you can to increase your brand and get those viewers over the SEC. The SEC and the fans from the big boys probably make up more than 25% of college football fans and then a certain percentage of football fans would still watch. Then they have a 6 or 8 team SEC playoff and keep all of the money to themselves.

Obviously, I'm no business genius. I'm just thinking about how much chaos could be created.
You are probably right. I am about ready to pull the plug on watching most sports. I guess I already have. I used to watch MLB, NFL and NBA a ton. Not any more. I have not watched a baseball game all year. I am fatigued by all of the politics in pro sorts and that has spread like wildfire into the Olympics and College sports as well. Hell, we had a high school QB here that is skipping his senior year to go to Ohio St and cash in on NIL right now. This is all exhausting for an old man like me. Get off my lawn! :)

You are probably right. I am about ready to pull the plug on watching most sports. I guess I already have. I used to watch MLB, NFL and NBA a ton. Not any more. I have not watched a baseball game all year. I am fatigued by all of the politics in pro sorts and that has spread like wildfire into the Olympics and College sports as well. Hell, we had a high school QB here that is skipping his senior year to go to Ohio St and cash in on NIL right now. This is all exhausting for an old man like me. Get off my lawn! :)
I can agree with all you've said. They are sucking all of the fun out of it (and my soul perhaps).

After reading your other statements I realize you actually don’t want this. It would definitely suck for Nebraska. I don’t believe we would be invited if that happens. I believe we would become tier two. The BIG still has as many viewers as the SEC and can compete with them financially. If we went to the SEC we would be a doormat. We would have to cope with being like Vanderbilt. I see absolutely no way Nebraska could compete in the SEC week in and week out.

After reading your other statements I realize you actually don’t want this. It would definitely suck for Nebraska. I don’t believe we would be invited if that happens. I believe we would become tier two. The BIG still has as many viewers as the SEC and can compete with them financially. If we went to the SEC we would be a doormat. We would have to cope with being like Vanderbilt. I see absolutely no way Nebraska could compete in the SEC week in and week out.

The hope would be your recruiting would change with your change in conference. I can’t imagine us doing any worse than Missouri and they’ve actually been about on par maybe even better than they were in the Big 12.

The hope would be your recruiting would change with your change in conference. I can’t imagine us doing any worse than Missouri and they’ve actually been about on par maybe even better than they were in the Big 12.
I guess I could see us being about middle of the pack but I don’t think we would ever win the conference or really be relevant

Yeah, it was more just a mental excersize of where this could end up going if people start to panic.

I don't really know what I want anymore. It's clear we aren't going back to the way it was, and I have no control so all I can do really is hope the people in charge don't crap all over it.

I want to see a Husker team that plays like it's well coached and tough as nails. A lot of other things would take care of themselves after that for me, no matter what the powers that be do.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back