• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your second paragraph: that's exactly what happens whenever anyone brings up issues with recruiting Omaha which essentially is this entire thread. Dickerson himself mentioned that that there was miscommunication about whether or not he had an offer. Prozachaka and Fidone committing is awesome. Missing out on Omaha is a problem. Both can be true, but God forbid someone mentions the latter on here.

But Frank, that works both ways. It's even happened in this thread, where Fidone committed was completely dismissed as if it's not an accomplishment.
They need to get better at certain things. Not being in the top 5 for Woods and Jackson sucks and hopefully they can get back in it. At the same time, landing Prochazka and Fidone last year is great news.

I have a hard time with the all or none attitude in regards to SF and Nebraska recruiting.

Let's say you do one thing right. Or that at least it works for you. Fidone to Nebraska. Well done.

Let's say you do one thing wrong. AD doesn't know has offer, - ends up committing to Oregon. Maybe bad, maybe he was never interested. Maybe coaching staff could have done better. Seems that way.

What do we KNOW at this point from these 2 examples. I would argue nothing. Just two data points. One example doesn't validate or invalidate the other.

Now if I were to get information from o-town recruits and/or coaches and see a pattern of lackadaisicalness causing a non-winning team to appear entitled, This is where begin to ask questions and have doubts. Obviously there is the individual nature of each of these recruits and there are always going to be local kids who are gonna get out of town.

But overall to me, the "EVERYTHING IS FINE" crowd that points to Fidone and other locals who commit are doing the equivalent of tossing out a T-Magic highlight tape and arguing he is the greatest QB in college football history. Where there games highlights where he looked amazing (Fidone), yes, but don't let those highlights cloud ones vision to the point were one can't see that were sometimes that everything wasn't AMAZING all the time and that even though loved playing against road games, there was room for improvement.

Yup the Everything Is Fine Crowd vs the Sky Is Falling Crowd

Both are right at times and both are wrong at times

Is what it is

But Frank, that works both ways. It's even happened in this thread, where Fidone committed was completely dismissed as if it's not an accomplishment.
They need to get better at certain things. Not being in the top 5 for Woods and Jackson sucks and hopefully they can get back in it. At the same time, landing Prochazka and Fidone last year is great news.
Who said Fidone committing wasn't an accomplishment? All I've seen is one person (@N2FL ) say Fidone being a Husker fan was likely a deciding factor. That doesn't mean that this staff didn't have to work for it and it probably is true. We've kind of crap the bed with other recruits at his school.

Who said Fidone committing wasn't an accomplishment? All I've seen is one person (@N2FL ) say Fidone being a Husker fan was likely a deciding factor. That doesn't mean that this staff didn't have to work for it and it probably is true. We've kind of crap the bed with other recruits at his school.

It's dismissed as not a big recruiting win because "he was always coming here". That's the standard mantra to use when people don't want to give any credit to the staff, the same as people saying "we don't want people who don't want to be here" by the other side.

It's dismissed as not a big recruiting win because "he was always coming here". That's the standard mantra to use when people don't want to give any credit to the staff, the same as people saying "we don't want people who don't want to be here" by the other side.
I think Fidone was a big win. I think the staff also did a good job pulling some of the top OL recruits from other states. So, they absolutely deserve credit for their work in those cases. At the same time, they have shiTT the bed terribly with the WR position, which is critical to the Offense. It's ok to give credit for some things, and to criticize for others at the same time. That should be readily understood by anyone who has raised kids..... :)

Last edited:
By one person.

If (?) we are ever able to start winning again, the 500 mile recruiting ownership will become reality.

If we can go 10-2, those 4 instaters would remain just that.

If (?) we are ever able to start winning again, the 500 mile recruiting ownership will become reality.

If we can go 10-2, those 4 instaters would remain just that.

Not necessarily

Some kids want to spread there wings and experience other things

Which is okay because we benefited from that getting #1 commits from MN, KS and Iowa over the past three years

I am not saying that that wasn't part of the thought process that went into him choosing not to come to Nebraska. I sure that was part of it, no matter what Clester Johnson says. Those snubs were not by Scott Frost and his staff. Those snubs were by Bo Pelini and Mike Riley. What I am telling you is that Scott Frost and his staff IMO probably recruited Keagon Johnson just as hard as they recruited Thomas Fidone.

I think it is crazy that some people on this board think that Scott Frost and his staff are some how not doing there do diligence in recruiting these 4 players from Omaha. TJ Bollers is a 4 star from Tiffin, Iowa, which is basically a suburb of Iowa City is going to Wisconsin to play football this fall. His father played at Iowa. Do you think Kirk Ferentz and his staff did something wrong in his recruitment?

Fidone and Bollers were pretty much rated 1 and 2 in Iowa for this recruiting cycle. Neither one of them is going to Iowa or ISU. I guess Campbell and Ferentz did something wrong.

Woods and Jackson for a long time have made it known that they are probably not going to Nebraska. This is nothing new.
Great post and thank you! This one post should be required reading for every chicken little one this site!!! Kids leave their home states, it happens. What is making this one seem so horrible is that all top 4 may (probably) will leave. No one brings up Frosts getting "13 of the top 16" the last 2-3 years. It is just all doom and gloom with THIS ONE class!

I know people hate hearing this, but....WE'LL BE FINE!!! If not, we will have a new coach/staff in 2-3 years.

The Burke boys were/werent always/ever going to Nebraska. Somebody pick one.
We know that story, we know the results.
Will it always end like this? Doubt it.
But yes, it did end like this.

Last edited:
Yup the Everything Is Fine Crowd vs the Sky Is Falling Crowd

Both are right at times and both are wrong at times

Is what it is
not sure I see it as "the sky is falling crowd" on this topic. I see a group of people who see room for improvement. Winning greases the wheels and lets those lapses not matter as much. Right now when not winning it is really easy to make those things such as a "late offer" an excuse for shunning a losing team. Right now we unfortunately are a losing team, so we can't do things to make it easier for someone local to turn us down.

Last edited:

Great post and thank you! This one post should be required reading for every chicken little one this site!!! Kids leave their home states, it happens. What is making this one seem so horrible is that all top 4 may (probably) will leave. No one brings up Frosts getting "13 of the top 16" the last 2-3 years. It is just all doom and gloom with THIS ONE class!

I know people hate hearing this, but....WE'LL BE FINE!!! If not, we will have a new coach/staff in 2-3 years.
So valid criticism is chicken little? We're 12 and ******* 20 with three straight losing seasons. If you're not concerned then you're blind. Lol.

Last edited:
not sure I see it as "the sky is falling crowd" on this topic. I see a group of people who see room for improvement. Winning greases the wheels and lets those lapses not matter as much. Right now when not winning it is really easy to make those things such as a "late offer" an excuse for shunning a losing team. Right now we unfortunately are a losing team, so we can't do things to make it easier for someone local to turn us down.

Using your argument not sure I see it as an Every thing is fine crowd either

I think if most folks take off their blinders we are pretty much all on the same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back