• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offered a kid from Montana State, but not Kaden when he was actively looking to grad transfer.

In fairness Toure' was recruited from the portal long after Keagen had committed to and signed with Iowa. Honestly I don't think he had any interest in playing at Nebraska

Toure' was an FCS All America with 85 catches for 1487 yards and frankly I think we bring in regardless if Johnson signs with us or not. NFL caliber talent

The two have nothing to do with the other as we both know

On the other hand we brought in Grimes and Neville both of whom I would argue ate better prospect than Johnson. That's a better analogy than "a kid from Montana State"

In fairness Toure' was recruited from the portal long after Keagen had committed to and signed with Iowa. Honestly I don't think he had any interest in playing at Nebraska

Toure' was an FCS All America with 85 catches for 1487 yards and frankly I think we bring in regardless if Johnson signs with us or not. NFL caliber talent

The two have nothing to do with the other as we both know

On the other hand we brought in Grimes and Neville both of whom I would argue ate better prospect than Johnson. That's a better analogy than "a kid from Montana State"
I'm talking about Kaden. The brother that played at SDSU and will likely be playing on Sundays. He was never offered by NU when he originally wanted to grad transfer. We had room for Toure though.

We don't exactly have a great track record with freshman receivers at NU. We should probably all be in prove it mode with any additions to that room until something happens considering how many of them end up never contributing or transfer out before graduating.

I'm talking about Kaden. The brother that played at SDSU and will likely be playing on Sundays. He was never offered by NU when he originally wanted to grad transfer. We had room for Toure though.

We don't exactly have a great track record with freshman receivers at NU. We should probably all be in prove it mode with any additions to that room until something happens considering how many of them end up never contributing or transfer out before graduating.

Yeah well this is more than likely is why no one offered him as you may recall:

Not to mention another 5' 10" 175 lb WR

As for Toure being offered difference in time. Wan'dale having left etc

Last edited:

He had ISU and minny according to this
He had already visited before the offers as well
We would need a link to know whether AD was talked to about this,and what was said.
Hard to make any assumptions, not enough info

Actually it is really easy to just make assumptions and to repeat things said by others who are making assumptions. Without knowing the context of the discussions between any player and the staff, whether offers are committable, what criteria a player may be using to make a decision and about 100 other things, it is much easier to just assume a player doesn't come to NU because he wasn't "loved".

Frost should recruit omaha. That would show a priority. The days of slow playing in state kids because u can have them when you want them are gone.
There you go. A lot of these 2021 and 2022 kids talking to PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Matt Campbell for up to 3 months before they have even been contacted by a position coach from Nebraska, let alone Frost, is a big part of the issue. While we talk "offering first" that's not necessarily an issue many times.

Where did Woods and Jackson say they weren't going to Nebraska? All I've heard is this staff would have to work for them and was getting outworked by Missouri's staff.
Woods had Nebraska in the lead, and just wanted an offer from the home state school. His mother is really important to him. Other schools started recruiting him first, and Nebraska then had to play catch up. While playing catch-up, they made statements for a month or two to him about when they would offer that they completely threw out the window once Florida told him he was their #1 OL on the board and they found out he had been talking to Kirk Ferentz for months. Those are just a few of the things that not only lost us the lead, but dropped us out of the top 5 completely.

Actually it is really easy to just make assumptions and to repeat things said by others who are making assumptions. Without knowing the context of the discussions between any player and the staff, whether offers are committable, what criteria a player may be using to make a decision and about 100 other things, it is much easier to just assume a player doesn't come to NU because he wasn't "loved".
It's also easy to just say "wElL tHeY dIDn'T wAnT tO bE hERe" when we start losing out on the top in-state recruits. Like it or not, losing out on 5 of the higher rated in-state kids over 2 cycles is a problem, but we all know how defensive you get over any criticism of this staff.

In all fairness, the TE position is stocked. Beckton is one of our better coaches.
It will be interesting to see the coming changes here, as we obviously recruit in to out, for the 500mile radius, and the home town kids, and their early unofficial visits may need more clarification, as Foremans talked about.
Things are already changing

Last edited:

In all fairness, the TE position is stocked. Beckton is one of our better coaches.
It will be interesting to see the coming changes here, as we obviously recruit in to out, for the 500mile radius, and the home town kids, and their early unofficial visits may need more clarification, as Foremans talked about.
Things are already changing
TE is in good shape which is a credit to Beckton. They've done a good job there, but we LB and OT are positions of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back