• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well this is more than likely is why no one offered him as you may recall:

Not to mention another 5' 10" 175 lb WR

As for Toure being offered difference in time. Wan'dale having left etc
Cade did have several offers though. Just not from DONU.

Ad far as Toure and Robinson, we have production issues at that position. Why wouldn't you look at someone to replace Warner then?

TE is in good shape which is a credit to Beckton. They've done a good job there, but we LB and OT are positions of need.
TTheyve done well on O lineman in the radius, and luckily,imo , linemen dont seem to move as often, maybe its just me,but some things Ive noticed.
Theyll move,but seem to stay close.
We didnt often reach out too far under TO for O linemen

TTheyve done well on O lineman in the radius, and luckily,imo , linemen dont seem to move as often, maybe its just me,but some things Ive noticed.
Theyll move,but seem to stay close.
We didnt often reach out too far under TO for O linemen
We didn't need to then. We really shouldn't need to now either other than sporadically.

Cade did have several offers though. Just not from DONU.

Ad far as Toure and Robinson, we have production issues at that position. Why wouldn't you look at someone to replace Warner then?

We have four WR including Toure' in the class

There are still two slots open stull

Anyway good discussion

In fairness one ended up at a mid-major and the other at an FCS school. Neither as I recall had any big offers.

Snub in these cases might be a bit harsh considering the whole picture
That's a fair statement, but the middle Johnson did mention that Nebraska did not even call him when he entered the transfer portal. That seems off for some reason

It's also easy to just say "wElL tHeY dIDn'T wAnT tO bE hERe" when we start losing out on the top in-state recruits. Like it or not, losing out on 5 of the higher rated in-state kids over 2 cycles is a problem, but we all know how defensive you get over any criticism of this staff.

That's about as easy as saying "That's not impressive because he was always going to commit" when someone like Fidone or Prochazka commits. So it kinda works both ways, doesn't it?
I don't think anyone is saying the staff shouldn't make improvements in local recruiting, because there's always room to get better. I'm just tired of people NEVER giving them any credit for anything.

That's about as easy as saying "That's not impressive because he was always going to commit" when someone like Fidone or Prochazka commits. So it kinda works both ways, doesn't it?
I don't think anyone is saying the staff shouldn't make improvements in local recruiting, because there's always room to get better. I'm just tired of people NEVER giving them any credit for anything.
Your second paragraph: that's exactly what happens whenever anyone brings up issues with recruiting Omaha which essentially is this entire thread. Dickerson himself mentioned that that there was miscommunication about whether or not he had an offer. Prozachaka and Fidone committing is awesome. Missing out on Omaha is a problem. Both can be true, but God forbid someone mentions the latter on here.

That's a fair statement, but the middle Johnson did mention that Nebraska did not even call him when he entered the transfer portal. That seems off for some reason

Why does Nebraska owe him a call if they don't feel he fits what they are trying to do? If he were kid from anywhere else we would not be having this discussion.

Not to mention if you read the article I posted he was squishy about his future anyway.

Anyway this had all been beat to death.

We have four WR including Toure' in the class

There are still two slots open stull

Anyway good discussion
Right, but there's a pattern with WR's in this program that has only expanded under Frost. Why not reach out to a kid that's getting looks from NFL scouts?

Your second paragraph: that's exactly what happens whenever anyone brings up issues with recruiting Omaha which essentially is this entire thread. Dickerson himself mentioned that that there was miscommunication about whether or not he had an offer. Prozachaka and Fidone committing is awesome. Missing out on Omaha is a problem. Both can be true, but God forbid someone mentions the latter on here.

I don't buy the miscommunication about an offer. I think that was a convent excuse for him to step outside the state. They either called and offered or they didn't. If he indeed had any doubt then ask the question

He had no interest in going to Nebraska and that's okay I get that.

Last edited:

I don't buy the miscommunication about an offer. I think that convent excuse for him to step outside the state. They either called and offered or they didn't. If he indeed had any doubt then ask the question

He had no interest in going to Nebraska and that's okay I get that.
So we'll ignore what his own words say and contrarian data and instead inject our own subjective opinion instead. /thread

Last edited:
I have a hard time with the all or none attitude in regards to SF and Nebraska recruiting.

Let's say you do one thing right. Or that at least it works for you. Fidone to Nebraska. Well done.

Let's say you do one thing wrong. AD doesn't know has offer, - ends up committing to Oregon. Maybe bad, maybe he was never interested. Maybe coaching staff could have done better. Seems that way.

What do we KNOW at this point from these 2 examples. I would argue nothing. Just two data points. One example doesn't validate or invalidate the other.

Now if I were to get information from o-town recruits and/or coaches and see a pattern of lackadaisicalness causing a non-winning team to appear entitled, This is where begin to ask questions and have doubts. Obviously there is the individual nature of each of these recruits and there are always going to be local kids who are gonna get out of town.

But overall to me, the "EVERYTHING IS FINE" crowd that points to Fidone and other locals who commit are doing the equivalent of tossing out a T-Magic highlight tape and arguing he is the greatest QB in college football history. Where there games highlights where he looked amazing (Fidone), yes, but don't let those highlights cloud ones vision to the point were one can't see that were sometimes that everything wasn't AMAZING all the time and that even though loved playing against road games, there was room for improvement.

So we'll ignore what his own words say and contrarian data and instead inject our own subjective opinion instead. /thread

Most of what is written on this forum is opinion including you and I

So yeah that's what I said and I stand behind it and yeah it's my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back