• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

What are you talking about?

You are so delusional. Ozigbo was misidentified how talented he is by both Riley's and Frost's crew. Ozigbo was solid running the ball from the beginning. If anything he got a little sloppy holding the ball as his career collected rust on the bench. The guy cannot even get our best runningback any significant carries at the goal-line. The guy put a 150 pound 18 year old in when we needed power inside first and goal about every opportunity. But when Mills gets the ball inside first and goal he shows how much a stud he truly is for us!
I follow the board during the game when we proceed to fall all over ourselves running the ball. Every screaming fan says the same thing you are saying on game day. Then get in a debate a couple of days later over whether Held should receive stud status and these two come running. Holy cow I didn't believe I was the only one out there that wasn't ready to annoite him legend status.

Last edited:

I follow the board during the game when we proceed to fall all over ourselves running the ball. Every screaming fan says the same thing you are saying on game day. Then get in a debate a couple of days later over whether Held should receive stud status and these two come running. Holy cow and didn't believe I was the only one out there that wasn't ready to annoite him legend status.
Show me where I've "annointed him legend status." This is such a pathetic deflection.

"I don't know if he can even coach." Your words. That's what we are debating. Mills hasn't fumbled since Northern Illinois. He's also seeing holes better and making better reads, but of course his coach can't actually coach.
Did you see the kids Freshman season at Georgia Tech. Again bring some better debate material.

Did you see the kids Freshman season at Georgia Tech. Again bring some better debate material.

Did you see the kid running into the back of the OL against South Alabama instead hitting a huge hole 2 feet to his left? Did you see him actually letting a block develop and then hitting the lane decisively against NIU and Illinois? That's coaching. Maybe you can make up something else to deflect from your own failed logic now.

Show me where I've "annointed him legend status." This is such a pathetic deflection.
I was responding to the poster that said "Held is a Stud" then you two Kool Aid chuggers decided to try to break me down when I dared to say he had not achieved stud status. I can't even remember who called him stud. What is pathetic is your attempt to pull me into a debate with continued weak evidence. When I say I didn't know if he could coach, I meant it just like I typed it. I'm not at practice are you? I see no evidence at all that he is anything special but I give him some leeway due to the o line.

I was responding to the poster that said "Held is a Stud" then you two Kool Aid chuggers decided to try to break me down when I dared to say he had not achieved stud status. I can't even remember who called him stud. What is pathetic is your attempt to pull me into a debate with continued weak evidence. When I say I didn't know if he could coach, I meant it just like I typed it. I'm not at practice are you? I see no evidence at all that he is anything special but I give him some leeway due to the o line.
I broke you down after you claimed that you didn't know if Held could coach. You revealed your true opinion though when pushed. You're going to ignore any progress that the running backs have made just so you can keep that negative narrative running in your head. The most pathetic thing about all of this was you making crap up to deflect though. That was weak as hell.

I don’t know that I can see anything out of our back’s that would tell me Held is a stud. He’s a good recruiter on an average staff of recruiters. Can he coach??
This was my post that made you go off the deep end? Are you somehow related to Coach Held.

This was my post that made you go off the deep end? Are you somehow related to Coach Held.
Is your mother related to your father? You asked can he coach. I provided you a couple of counterpoints. You don't want a good faith debate so you decided to call GnT and I koolaid chuggers.

It's very clear. HuskerNash argued facts. Mack The Shark argues his own delusional opinions. Nobody misreads the exchange here. It is plain to see HuskerNash isn't arguing nonsense when the other guy just goes on and on with a circular, irrational argument. Mack even claims Mills wouldn't have made the corrections on his own when they watched film. Oh, no, our players are too dumb to see it... you know because Mills didn't ever correct his play when he was a JUCO. Yeah, Mills rank as a JUCO proves it...

I broke you down after you claimed that you didn't know if Held could coach. You revealed your true opinion though when pushed. You're going to ignore any progress that the running backs have made just so you can keep that negative narrative running in your head. The most pathetic thing about all of this was you making crap up to deflect though. That was weak as hell.
You ignored a very good Junior year from Zigs. You ignored a good Freshman year when many were excited about Zigs potential. You ignored the fact that Zigs didn't get the ball until the Juco quit. You ignored Mills Freshman season when he was Freshman of the year in the ACC if I am not mistaken. You provided false evidence that Zigs did nothing until Held got there and your next big evidence-now Mills makes better cuts. You then brilliantly add 2 plus 2 and come up with 5 and somehow attribute all this awesomeness to Ryan Held. You could call your ignoring of these facts admitting defeat or flat out making up stuff to support your weak argument. I've illustrated your lame or made up arguments now please point out one thing I made up.

You ignored a very good Junior year from Zigs. You ignored a good Freshman year when many were excited about Zigs potential. You ignored the fact that Zigs didn't get the ball until the Juco quit. You ignored Mills Freshman season when he was Freshman of the year in the ACC if I am not mistaken. You provided false evidence that Zigs did nothing until Held got there and your next big evidence-now Mills makes better cuts. You then brilliantly add 2 plus 2 and come up with 5 and somehow attribute all this awesomeness to Ryan Held. You could call your ignoring of these facts admitting defeat or flat out making up stuff to support your weak argument. I've illustrated your lame or made up arguments now please point out one thing I made up.

You know what? You're absolutely right. Held can't coach. Ozigbo was self made. Mills was self made. Held did absolutely nothing to improve them as players. Fire him.

Zigs playing well under Held. Playing well enough to make a NFL roster in fact. I don't think it's any question the offensive line play has been worse this year.
I'm not saying the guy can't coach, I don't believe their is evidence to call him a stud and even with a bad line I've seen little to get excited about regarding our running game. Putting a guy on an NFL practice roster as I said is a no reason to call the guy a stud coach.
[/QUOTE]
Reggie Davis was an NFL RB coach before he came to Nebraska, and a pretty good one. Ziggy looked incredibly pedestrian while he played for Davis. Then Held comes in and not only recruits night and day better that Davis ever did, but he turns Ziggy into an NFL caliber RB. In addition to getting Wandale, he was also a big part in recruiting several players who he won't even coach.

I haven't seen a lot to get excited about in the running game this season either (except for Wandale). To ignore the fact that we have one of the worst offensive lines in D1 as the reason why our running game is struggling and put those struggles on the RB coach is incredibly short sighted.

Poor Red Dead Redemption. You aren't really a fan here to see the program reach a higher level. No, it is obvious from your remarks that you'd rather see the winning traditions go away. In your case you think winning is about always having the highest score. You don't know a person wanting the game improved over being mediocre. You'd rather label everyone as negative because you feel superior in every way. I'd rather put my energy encouraging winning strategies for this team, whereas you waste time trying to cull talk about the process. For someone that is all about other people and how they are stupid compared to yourself, you're too wrapped up in yourself to even begin to understand any of my messages. I pity people like you. So self absorbed.

This forum is about the Huskers. It is not about Red Dead Redemption's quest to stifle discussion. If you are too sensitive for the discussion then take it somewhere else. Following me and commenting on my every post really is about you.

Really no need for a post like this for all the obvious reasons.

I am going to give you a thread ban and give you a board vacation for a couple of days

RR

It's very clear. HuskerNash argued facts. Mack The Shark argues his own delusional opinions. Nobody misreads the exchange here. It is plain to see HuskerNash isn't arguing nonsense when the other guy just goes on and on with a circular, irrational argument. Mack even claims Mills wouldn't have made the corrections on his own when they watched film. Oh, no, our players are too dumb to see it... you know because Mills didn't ever correct his play when he was a JUCO. Yeah, Mills rank as a JUCO proves it...
The quote button. Find it. Use it.

The quote button. Find it. Use it.
You know what? You're absolutely right. Held can't coach. Ozigbo was self made. Mills was self made. Held did absolutely nothing to improve them as players. Fire him.
I'm still waiting for the evidence of all the stuff I made up. Since you felt the need to call me a liar, please provide it so I can learn to be a better poster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back