• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

I'm not saying the guy can't coach, I don't believe their is evidence to call him a stud and even with a bad line I've seen little to get excited about regarding our running game. Putting a guy on an NFL practice roster as I said is a no reason to call the guy a stud coach.

Ozigbo being one of the best backs in a conference full of really good backs doesn't get you get excited? Prepare to always be disappointed then I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozigbo being one of the best backs in a conference full of really good backs doesn't get you get excited? Prepare to always be disappointed then I guess.
Dude, I think its great don't try to create something that isn't there. Zigs had talent before this staff got here, it took them how many games to finally give him his shot-3-4 if I recall. I don't attribute Zig's year and draft status entirely to Held nor would that be a reason I would grant him stud status. You are really reaching especially since I've not once said Held couldn't coach. No evidence yet to call him a rock star or stud-pick your adjective. I would say our backs this year look average at best.

Dude, I think its great don't try to create something that isn't there. Zigs had talent before this staff got here, it took them how many games to finally give him his shot-3-4 if I recall. I don't attribute Zig's year and draft status entirely to Held nor would that be a reason I would grant him stud status. You are really reaching especially since I've not once said Held couldn't coach. No evidence yet to call him a rock star or stud-pick your adjective. I would say our backs this year look average at best.

And where was that talent before Held got there? Kudos to Ozigbo for working his ass off. But Held also showed him a few things that weren't there previously.

Ozigbo was on a milk carton until Held. I would also argue that Mills has made a ton of progress since game one.

Edit: This is also in a thread where the basic premise is that this staff isn't a P5 football staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
And where was that talent before Held got there? Kudos to Ozigbo for working his ass off. But Held also showed him a few things that weren't there previously.
He had over 600 yards his junior year prior to Held even getting there-he had a good Freshman year. Either you have short memories or you contend that Held molded this kid off the practice squad and made him into Earl Campbell. I swear you guys are creating arguments that are not there or just reaching for straws to justify rock star status from one of our coaches. All I said that putting a guy in the NFL who by the way hasn't even got a carry in the regular season does not make Held a stud. That is all I said and nothing more. I said I don't know if the guy can coach and the evidence I was provided was the he recruited WR and put Zigs in the NFL. Put down the Kool Aid before you choke.

Ozigbo was on a milk carton until Held. I would also argue that Mills has made a ton of progress since game one.

Edit: This is also in a thread where the basic premise is that this staff isn't a P5 football staff.
You must have forgot his promising Freshman year or the 600 yards from scrimmage the year before Held got there. He didn't even get a real chance under Held until the Juco, who shouldn't have received carries before Zigs, took his ball and went home.

You must have forgot his promising Freshman year or the 600 yards from scrimmage the year before Held got there. He didn't even get a real chance under Held until the Juco, who shouldn't have received carries before Zigs, took his ball and went home.

Yeah, he had a promising freshman year and then was ignored until his senior year under Held. For a ch who says he doesn't think Held is a bad coach you sure are trying hard to justify your position. You haven't seen any improvement from Mills since the start of the season?

Because you bring everyone down like a Cold Air Damming setup in the Southeast in January (that was for, @HuskerWeatherman ).
I am positive that you figured out the quote function, though.
What are you talking about?
You are so delusional. Ozigbo was misidentified how talented he is by both Riley's and Frost's crew. Ozigbo was solid running the ball from the beginning. If anything he got a little sloppy holding the ball as his career collected rust on the bench. The guy cannot even get our best runningback any significant carries at the goal-line. The guy put a 150 pound 18 year old in when we needed power inside first and goal about every opportunity. But when Mills gets the ball inside first and goal he shows how much a stud he truly is for us!

We are all dumber after reading this nonsense.

Neither Ozigbo nor Mills improved under Held. He has wasted the talent from both players. Both merely bludgeoned their way up the depth chart in spite of Held.

Last edited:
Yeah, he had a promising freshman year and then was ignored until his senior year under Held. For a ch who says he doesn't think Held is a bad coach you sure are trying hard to justify your position. You haven't seen any improvement from Mills since the start of the season?
Are you choosing to ignore the 600 yards he had the year before?? You sir are not worth an argument that never should have been. Bring better debate material next time.

Nope.

Are you choosing to ignore the 600 yards he had the year before?? You sir are not worth an argument that never should have been. Bring better debate material next time.
"I don't know if he can even coach." Your words. That's what we are debating. Mills hasn't fumbled since Northern Illinois. He's also seeing holes better and making better reads, but of course his coach can't actually coach.

HuskerNash you aren't converting him. He's delusional and making stuff up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back