• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning seems safe this year

Reeboks and tights like Fonda?
GFOA's leg day

giphy.gif

lol it does really bother me. Luckily I believe in patterns not one offs so I haven’t finalized an opinion one way or the other.

You know, it seems you look at our players the same way many of us do - like they are surrogate sons. I'm happy to have folks looking after these guys safety like you are - in a sport as "unsafe" as football. I'm the same way with head injuries and 'return -to - play' decisions that sometimes seem too early to me. I think we are getting better in that regard, slowly, anyway.

It's not a myth, it just apply to 100% of the lifters 100% of the time. For example, it applies to me, but I'm not 6'5". If my knees go beyond my toes, it's not a good thing, so that is specific to body type and foot position.

Also listen to his description of the increase in stress to the knee joint, which is higher once the toes go beyond the knees.

Can your knees go beyond your toes? Yes. You can also load 700lbs on a bar and do a 1/2 ROM squat.

Okay, I am not going to quibble over the term "myth" and the point still stands. Just because the GIF I posted has the guys knees going beyond his toes does not equate to bad form.

In 2003, University of Memphis research confirmed that knee stress increased by 28% when the knees were allowed to move past the toes while performing a squat. However, hip stress increased nearly 1,000% when forward movement of the knee was restricted.

C

Okay, I am not going to quibble over the term "myth" and the point still stands. Just because the GIF I posted has the guys knees going beyond his toes does not equate to bad form.

C

Dude, it’s the off season. Quibbling over meaningless things is what we’re supposed to do. I mean real football is still six months away and we still need to argue over alternate unis, shoe contracts, Moos, Solich and now apparently 700lb half squats by 195lb running backs.

Don’t quit on me now!

Dude, it’s the off season. Quibbling over meaningless things is what we’re supposed to do. I mean real football is still six months away and we still need to argue over alternate unis, shoe contracts, Moos, Solich and now apparently 700lb half squats by 195lb running backs.

Don’t quit on me now!

But the real question is, are his hips also staying square during the squat? :thumbsup:

C

Fun to watch a bunch of pretend experts explaining proper squat technique and complaining about an S&C strength training professional who has won "Coach of the Year" honors in his profession. Continue on fello's...it's quite entertaining. I'd like to hear more of your puking stories though...LOL!

Fun to watch a bunch of pretend experts explaining proper squat technique and complaining about an S&C strength training professional who has won "Coach of the Year" honors in his profession. Continue on fello's...it's quite entertaining. I'd like to hear more of your puking stories though...LOL!

OK. I puke nearly every time I read one of your posts, regardless of how much weight is on the bar or how far forward my knees go.

Run along now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back