• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning seems safe this year

I agree. That squat was cringeworthy. Hell, if I would have done squats like that in 1993 in West Stadium, I would have been laughed out of the building. I was gone by the time Scott showed up, but I guarantee you, he didn't do his squats like that either.

If it was confirmed that the players never did full ROM squats Id be concerned, but until that is shown Ill have faith in Duval.

To be fair, the squatter is going below parallel, which is not required for competition lifts and IMO is part of what leads to squat related injuries. Well, that and putting 150% of your real 1RM on the bar. My youngest gets all tore up if everyone doesn't go 'Ass to the grass' and that just doesn't work for everyone.
No only that he is pushing his knees out past his toes. Terrible form.

No only that he is pushing his knees out past his toes. Terrible form.

That's the hardest thing for most people not to do. My youngest had such a big issue with it we'd focus on making sure he'd push his butt backward to keep his knees closer to his toes....and in typical son fashion, he developed a habit of pushing his butt so violently backward he developed hip flexor issues. Ooof.

Last edited:

It's not a myth, it just apply to 100% of the lifters 100% of the time. For example, it applies to me, but I'm not 6'5". If my knees go beyond my toes, it's not a good thing, so that is specific to body type and foot position.

Also listen to his description of the increase in stress to the knee joint, which is higher once the toes go beyond the knees.

Can your knees go beyond your toes? Yes. You can also load 700lbs on a bar and do a 1/2 ROM squat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back