• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning seems safe this year

YX6rHSV.gif

Any comments @ShortSideOption

And you run to validate *** even tho he makes an asinine statement. I’d wager Duval knows exactly what he’s doing and you fellas are simply bloviating.

Bloviating. TOoL breaks out the thesaurus today. Proud of you.

He and I disagree as often as we agree. In this case we agree. His statements aren't asinine just because you disagree with them. I think Duval does know what he's doing, but don't agree with the 'Fake' squats is a good way to work the kids. That's my opinion and you're welcome to disagree with it.

Yep. I’m certainly not in the majority with my thoughts, and while there’s no evidence, there’s certainly talk points that are keeping me in the minority. I hope it goes so well people can say “see you’re a moron, you were wrong about him. No injuries just like UCF year 2.” I’m just predicting based on what I’ve seen.

For the record, the Cam Jurgens injury is not on Duval. See! I don’t have to play the blame game all the time.

In regard to his “no evidence” comment. His issue with me is I’m usually pretty accurate so a lot of people give me the benefit of the doubt, and even without evidence, it usually comes out I’m not just blowing smoke. And he hates that and it drives him nuts. Thus replying to someone that has you on ignore.

I had an issue with you a couple years ago over the Diaco situation, I just could not see MR not knowing that a change was being made and that SE was going behind his back. Went back and forth with you a little bit in a respectful manner but in the end you were dead on. I learned then to give you the benefit of doubt as you were right about SE forcing Diaco onto MR.

C

What are the benefits of Isaiah Stalbird, who plays safety , maxing out at 700 lbs on the squat? It seems like overkill and very odd for somebody who plays a skill position. I'm incredibly impressed that a 190 pound guy can do that, but as *** has alluded to, are we increasing the odds of injury by doing this? Then again, I guess it's good marketing material. Meh

How can that even be counted as a squat. If someone maxes out on bench press and they only go to 12 inches of their chest it does not count.

I would like to see the teams true max by doing the proper and complete motion. Halfway does not cut it. If it does not look like this, then it is not a squat and should not count as a max rep.

EarlyBountifulCoral-small.gif

C

I had an issue with you a couple years ago over the Diaco situation, I just could not see MR not knowing that a change was being made and that SE was going behind his back. Went back and forth with you a little bit in a respectful manner but in the end you were dead on. I learned then to give you the benefit of doubt as you were right about SE forcing Diaco onto MR.

C
In your defense, was that not the dumbest thing imaginable? If not for who told me that, I wouldn’t have believed it.

But to what I believe is your main point, I have no problem being disagreed with or differing opinions. It’s when whatever I say someone takes the opposite viewpoint (for whatever reason) nearly every time. I actually like people challenging me on things as it can make me thing about it a bit more. But someone that constantly seeks me out to disagree isn’t really someone I’m interested in engaging.

Last edited:
In your defense, was that not the dumbest thing imaginable? If not for who told me that, I wouldn’t have believed it.

But to what I believe is your main point, I have no problem being disagreed with or differing opinions. It’s when whatever I say someone takes the opposite viewpoint (for whatever reason) nearly every time. I actually like people challenging me on things as it can make me thing about it a bit more. But someone that constantly seeks me out to disagree isn’t really someone I’m interested in engaging.

Not only dumbest but very disappointing.

It is good to be challenged but contrarian for GP is just annoying.

C

How can that even be counted as a squat. If someone maxes out on bench press and they only go to 12 inches of their chest it does not count.

I would like to see the teams true max by doing the proper and complete motion. Halfway does not cut it. If it does not look like this, then it is not a squat and should not count as a max rep.

EarlyBountifulCoral-small.gif

C

To be fair, the squatter is going below parallel, which is not required for competition lifts and IMO is part of what leads to squat related injuries. Well, that and putting 150% of your real 1RM on the bar. My youngest gets all tore up if everyone doesn't go 'Ass to the grass' and that just doesn't work for everyone.

Last edited:

To be fair, the squatter is going below parallel, which is not required for competition lifts and IMO is part of what leads to squat related injuries. Well, that and putting 150% of your real 1RM on the bar. My youngest gets all tore up if everyone doesn't go 'Ass to the grass' and that just doesn't work for everyone.

I agree to a certain extent but his ass/hips don't go beyond his knees. Don't need to go ass to grass but that is not a squat.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back