• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie Radley-Hiles New 5-star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Josh Heupel being hired today, I wonder if that changes and he wants to coach his new team? That's 15 extra practices he is giving up with his new team?
That's a fair point, but if he installs his system instead of practicing for Auburn that's going to lead to a boat race in the bowl game and I don't think his team would be happy with that.

I read in another thread that Heupel and Danny White will be sitting in the stands at the Peach Bowl watching the game as Frost and his staff coach the game.

With Josh Heupel being hired today, I wonder if that changes and he wants to coach his new team? That's 15 extra practices he is giving up with his new team?

It’s an odd situation. I don’t ever recall seeing brand new hired coaches coaching their new teams bowl games. I have seen them observing the practices and going to the game, but not having coaching responsibility. It’s not like he can change the offense and defense after all. They pretty much have to have Frost’s staff back or else who would handle practices.

With Heupel taking the HC at UCF, might he want to coach the game and get in the 15 practices with his new team?

I actually see this as a lose lose scenario. Scott is not with the team. Other coaches are prepping them. I see them getting blown out on the field by Auburn.

Auburn has their own issues with their coaching situation. Arkansas is looking hard at their coach.

If you get a chance to see a better quality shot of that photo he does look happy; just not a big grin. Sort of a "are you fans going to be surprised" grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back