• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jim Walden says Nebraska's getting a new head football coach

I think what will happen, based on comments Moos made, is they will sit down at the end of the year and evaluate this year. Moos wants to see Riley's vision going forward, including coaches changes and recruiting. It may come down to if Riley's blueprint meshes with Moos's.

Consider what happens after the next two to three losses and see how congenial everything is.

Why? For doing a bad job? What should he think will happen for putting a crap product on the field? Guy is gonna get more money to go away, then 95% of people will make in a lifetime +. You think NU should keep him? Really?
You seem to be someone who can only view things from your own perspective. I doubt that MR thinks he's done a lousy job and likely he believes that he isn't being given enough time to rebuild the dumpster fire that Bo left. As to you question, I didn't say anything remotely close to that in my post. I do think MR will be replaced after the regular season, but I'd be fine if he got another year.

You seem to be someone who can only view things from your own perspective. I doubt that MR thinks he's done a lousy job and likely he believes that he isn't being given enough time to rebuild the dumpster fire that Bo left. As to you question, I didn't say anything remotely close to that in my post. I do think MR will be replaced after the regular season, but I'd be fine if he got another year.

From watching MR on the sidelines what makes you think that he has any thoughts at all?

I am amazed at the emotion on most threads today.

Don't know if HuskerMax will make it through the bye week without explosion.

I definitely don't think the board will survive a loss at Purdue, that will melt down the servers for sure. :(

Makes me wish that AD Moos would announce a change is going to happen just so the pressure would fall.

It seems you haven’t been beat up enough n the corporate world.

I agree with Thill. I would have less respect for Riley if he didn’t take the money.

My advice to Riley. Take the money go back to Where you went to high school and coach. Enjoy life. You’ve earned it.

I haven't been beat up at all in the corporate world. I seem to know a snake in the grass when I see one and avoid doing business with low men/women. It's worked so far. Contracts are required these days, but I started when someone's word and a handshake sealed many a deal.

I don't understand having less respect for the man, but whatever. That's your call.

He may well heed your advice and I wouldn't blame him or think less of him for doing it.

If coach gets shown the door, i got to believe his friends Cav and Langsdorf were the main reason and mostly Cav. Our oline is poor and nothing works very good without the line.

I just view what I see man. 18-15 says he's done a lousy job. No other way to see it.

From the same article: Scott Frost is going to have to make a decision. It’ll be him or Chip Kelly … I’m sorry to be the voice of doom for Mike Riley, which I hate, because I happen to think the world of him.’
Moos is going to want his own man in there, everyone agreed that Riley and SE were attached at the hip. That hasn't changed.

I missed that part of the article. Pretty sure Chip Kelly's show cause order expired on December 25, 2014

Kelly, now with the Philadelphia Eagles, did however receive an 18-month show-cause penalty, meaning any university that hires him will have to present its justification to the NCAA Committee of Infractions before doing so. Unless Kelly bombs after just one season with the Eagles and he seeks an entry back into the college game, this won't be an issue.

I was fed up with Bo as much as anyone, but I have a hard time calling 9 wins minimum a dumpster fire considering his replacement has won 9 games once in 3 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back