• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who will start as qb this year?

DR if hes healthy, theyre gonna be pushing thru plays and formations asap, it might be easier to just put a chip in his head.

He picked up quite a few plays for the exhibition game he played last week, and looked quite good. Im sure their gonna simplify the verbage as much as possible for him. I dont know how many plays he learned for last week, but i would assume about 30/35. Not bad for a weeks work.

I think were gonna be pleasantly suprised how polished he looks at game one. I just dont see Rhule asking him to do more than hes ready for. No reason to ruin his confidence. The first few games will be all about repitition and confidence building. Then add a few more plays every week

DR with HH as the back up if DR gets injured or struggles. I think they will want to save Kaelin's redshirt this year. He can be a backup in '25 and have a path to starting in the future.

There is a set of base passes, lets say 30-35 that can all be run out of about 3-4 diff sets.

Same for runs, but prob 15 diff runs but outa about 3-4 diff sets.

That gives a huge variety of plays outa multiple sets.

As they make up a gameplan, for an individual team, they will go in with about 30-35 plays they will primarily use. Halftime brings adjustments. But 90% of the plays run in a particular game will come from about half or less of the playbook.

The point being our QBs cant master it all by game one, they will find a balance that works for him and mix it with the gameplan.

Last edited:

There is a set of base passes, lets say 30-35 that can all be run out of about 3-4 diff sets.

As they make up a gameplan, for an individual team, they will go in with about 30-35 plays they will primarily use. Halftime brings adjustments. But 90% of the plays run in a particular game will come from about half or less of the playbook.

The point being our QBs cant master it all by game one, they will find a balance that works for him and mix it with the gameplan.
Easy first game helps

Gotta go with the Doctor: DR. Dylan Raiola.

(Edit: Hville beat me to this in his other thread. :) )

Last edited:

It sounds as if the Offensive braintrust will look to create the offense based on what Raiola (or another) does well. It will be authored with the user in mind. Would think this a fairly fun way to coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back