• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What's it going to take to beat Wisconsin

Is it possible that DL has learned from his mistakes? Like any chance at all? Lol
I am responding to both you and @One Man Jury here.

CONTROLLING TURNOVERS IS NOT...REPEAT NOT A GAME PLAN. NO TEAM GOES INTO A GAME SAYING I REALLY WANT TO TURNOVER THE BALL 10 TIMES TODAY.

There are techniques that are taught that limit turnovers. Our RB coach seems to have done a good job teaching those techniques as fumbles have been way down since he got here. (At least by the RB)

The way to beat an aggressive defense is short pass, misdirection, perhaps even some trickery and smash mouth running all day. I hope the 'chuck and duck' passing is not visible at all in this one.

I can't remember any type of trick play in three years, I am old so it may have happened. Would love a wildcat run just once, or a flea flicker type play just to keep them guessing.

CONTROLLING TURNOVERS IS NOT...REPEAT NOT A GAME PLAN. NO TEAM GOES INTO A GAME SAYING I REALLY WANT TO TURNOVER THE BALL 10 TIMES TODAY.

There are techniques that are taught that limit turnovers. Our RB coach seems to have done a good job teaching those techniques as fumbles have been way down since he got here. (At least by the RB)
Of course nobody goes into a game saying they want to turn the ball over multiple times. But when you know a certain player is a turnover machine, you need to formulate a game plan that limits that player's exposure. If it's a running back that fumbles, you need to find a different back. If it's a WR that is a DB's tip-drill dream, get him out of there. If it's a QB that tends to throw the ball to the other team, pull him or don't have him throw very often. Or offer a max-protect blocking scheme to limit pressure. Or any number of different things that a coordinator can do.

The way to beat an aggressive defense is short pass, misdirection, perhaps even some trickery and smash mouth running all day. I hope the 'chuck and duck' passing is not visible at all in this one.

I can't remember any type of trick play in three years, I am old so it may have happened. Would love a wildcat run just once, or a flea flicker type play just to keep them guessing.

One of the guys that Sharp and Benning have on said the exact thing a couple of weeks ago. He said he would have a package for Darlington to run wildcat. The guy was a good zone read QB back in HS. There is a reason Ohio St. wanted him. I don't think things like this even cross DL or MR mind.

Ziggy runs the ball for 150 yards and no fumbles and 2 tds. We cannot afford any Tanner picks.

I NEVER SUGGESTED IT (oh, sorry,) was a gameplan. But we can call smart, situational football games right?

I NEVER SUGGESTED IT (oh, sorry,) was a gameplan. But we can call smart, situational football games right?
But you did agree with someone who did. let me remind you.

With that game plan, we are undefeated and in the Top 20 right now.

Is it possible that DL has learned from his mistakes? Like any chance at all? Lol

This poster was responding to your OP. So he was calling less turnovers a game plan and you were agreeing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back