• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What we will see this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. Decker, experienced? Did he get ANY reps last year? QB vastly improved? The last time Tanner Lee started at QB he a completion % and interceptions in the ballpark with Tommie, yet none of the mobility. I'm onboard with ALL the Riley coaching personnel moves on D, but SMH on the lack of changed on O. Finishing 9th in conference in rushing is inexcusable at Nebraska. We'll see where this experiment goes but Riley doesn't get a pass with a 7 or 8 win season (or worse). Not saying he should be fired but if he doesn't get to 9/10 wins Year 4 is make or break.
If he doesn't win the division by 2019 he will be replaced by a younger, more dynamic head coach.

Injuries are almost a given, for nearly every team. ---- happens, nothing you can do but be prepared. However, the injuries excuse is old and tired. Figure it out and move forward.
Injuries do matter! If Tommy doesn't go down do we get buried by Iowa? Is the loss to Tennessee inevitable? Had we been operating in the old offense we'd have had two other viable options at QB. Without Tommy they were dead in the water.

Your standards are far too low, MR needs to focus on winning the BIG, not the division ribbon.
Small steps, G. I think he has to prove he can win the division first. Don't you? He sure as heck isn't going to win the B1G if he can't win the West. Or do you not understand how that works?

No, expectations are actually up, and up a lot. It is just SoCal's loser mentality that harbors low expectations...much like your own.
Well, I'm glad to hear expectations are up again. Does that mean that if they don't win the division this year that Riley will get fired?

Bingo. Decker, experienced? Did he get ANY reps last year? QB vastly improved? The last time Tanner Lee started at QB he a completion % and interceptions in the ballpark with Tommie, yet none of the mobility. I'm onboard with ALL the Riley coaching personnel moves on D, but SMH on the lack of changed on O. Finishing 9th in conference in rushing is inexcusable at Nebraska. We'll see where this experiment goes but Riley doesn't get a pass with a 7 or 8 win season (or worse). Not saying he should be fired but if he doesn't get to 9/10 wins Year 4 is make or break.

Dumbest post ever. Even the most diehard Riley haters will concede this could be an improved team that finishes with a worse record due to the schedule.

Let's start with blowing out the teams we should before we worry about the likelihood of beating the better teams on the schedule. Letting some bad teams hang around into the 4th quarter last season still has me concerned, and that's not a great way to build depth.

Been the story for going on about 15 years now.

Well, I'm glad to hear expectations are up again. Does that mean that if they don't win the division this year that Riley will get fired?
A division ribbon is meaningless, besides you've already informed us that he won't get fired if he wins a division ribbon by 2019, LOL. What actually will happen is the MR will win a BIG title, and playoff birth, at least that soon or he'll be gone.

Small steps, G. I think he has to prove he can win the division first. Don't you? He sure as heck isn't going to win the B1G if he can't win the West. Or do you not understand how that works?
No, the division is nothing...it won't satisfy anyone. If you set a goal as crappy as a division ribbon, you'll never win anything.

Last edited:

A division ribbon is meaningless, besides you've already informed us that he won't get fired if he wins a division ribbon by 2019, LOL. What actually will happen is the MR will win a BIG title, and playoff birth, at least that soon or he'll be gone.

I could live with three division titles in a row, accomplished in dominating fashion. Even if we lose the B1G championship game each year, but we are competitive and look like a national team, we are getting there.

I could live with three division titles in a row, accomplished in dominating fashion. Even if we lose the B1G championship game each year, but we are competitive and look like a national team, we are getting there.
You are a patient man...it won't take that long, we are on our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back