• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What gear do you wear at home when watching the Huskers?

I hope they get crushed, truth be told. I would even bat an eye.

I think they will do significantly better in the SEC than we have in the Big 10, but that's a low bar. If we were going to change conferences, we would have had much more success in the SEC, simply because it is in/near our previously successful recruiting grounds that we gave up. We don't have recruiting grounds any further, and haven't since 2010. A bit like Notre Dame, but without the panache.

Last edited:

I think they will do significantly better in the SEC than we have in the Big 10, but that's a low bar. If we were going to change conferences, we would have had much more success in the SEC, simply because it is in/near our previously successful recruiting grounds that we gave up. We don't have recruiting grounds any further, and haven't since 2010.
Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind, OU has had 3 seasons to get ready for this. Them losing Lincoln Riley for Venables was a blessing. They’ll be able to play some defense. Nebraska had less than one year to prepare. Also, Nebraska had all kinds of internal strife when that happened, then made bad decision after bad decision. OU doesn’t have any of that.

Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind, OU has had 3 seasons to get ready for this. Them losing Lincoln Riley for Venables was a blessing. They’ll be able to play some defense. Nebraska had less than one year to prepare. Also, Nebraska had all kinds of internal strife when that happened, then made bad decision after bad decision. OU doesn’t have any of that.

Yeah, they certainly are not going to dominate the SEC like they have the Big 12. But after Georgia, I think the new Big 12 lines up just fine with the SEC even without Texas and OU. Utah destroyed Florida who beat Tennessee, etc. K-State lost to Mizzoo on a once-in-20 field goal. There's just not a lot of difference below Georgia.

Pbd1I3y.png

I lost my N hat somewhere ....... probably tailgate table

Last edited:

Do any of you guys wear a special shirt or something?
Most games is a red home jersey that I got customized about 10 years ago. Has my last name on the back and #7. (Name and number are starting to peel, so I'm probably due for a new one soon)

Otherwise, it is normally some sort of Nebraska t-shirt.

OU will adapt to the SEC, whatever that entails.

Something Nebraska has yet to do in the Big 10 (and I'm not sure ever will)
But they will never be as dominant as they were in the Big 12. They run that conference, even though they defer to Texas on everything. I don’t know why they see themselves as the little brother but they do. Hilarious.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back