• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did AM do to lose the team?

TG made the wrong decision to leave. :Stirthepot:
C
It was a big flaw in the transition strategy to not re-recruit the current players—a likely side effect of the new staff’s arrogance, thinking they could just flush out the losing and restock quickly. Guys like Tristan were not good fits, obviously, but how helpful would guys like Greg Bell, Avery Anderson, and Tyjon Lindsey be, right now?

The depth issues are mostly of this staff’s own making. If you’re going to be so apathetic about players leaving you have to hit the transfer portal. Hard. And they didn’t do that. They didn’t even find an actual kicker to start the season with. Hell, he didn’t even add any effective recruiters that weren’t already on his staff.

These roster management and recruiting issues will greatly slow down any rebound Frost is capable of.

Last edited:

If he’s lost the team, and with his terrible play, why is our 5 million dollar man sticking with him?
I'm still on SF's side. But, he boxed himself into a corner with AM by building him up so high with his comments about AM plus he is his prized recruit along with Wandale. Didnt help that TO was quoted saying AM is the best QB to ever play at NU. SF did the same thing with Jurgens when he compared him to Rimington when the kid had never played a snap at center before this year. Kind painted himself into a corner re not taking him out when he was having snap issues.

HCSF has his pets and they are not all Americans. Wan Dale is not even close to best in B1G, Jurgen no way and may grade as worst lineman all season, AM never will make first team B1G, I think HCSF has poor building blocks for cornerstones to his program.

I don’t think Luke McCaffrey lets AM keep his job next year. If he can prove himself as a passer (no reason to think he can’t), I don’t see how AM keeps him off the field. Way too many people crowned AM (including Frost) and he has been atrocious. McCaffrey just seems like a gamer and, if he can protect the ball, he’s the guy.

Be nice to see a QB throw a swing pass without spinning the receiver in a 360 or not miss wide open receivers. AM’s turnover issues are enough to question that he is or was the guy. Failing to make plays and let your team down is not a real leader. Standing in front of a microphone and saying the right things doesn’t make you a leader. Owning the fact you play like crap and your failures are your own doesn’t make you a leader. It makes him an honest, average-ish QB.

I don’t think Luke McCaffrey lets AM keep his job next year. If he can prove himself as a passer (no reason to think he can’t), I don’t see how AM keeps him off the field. Way too many people crowned AM (including Frost) and he has been atrocious. McCaffrey just seems like a gamer and, if he can protect the ball, he’s the guy.

Be nice to see a QB throw a swing pass without spinning the receiver in a 360 or not miss wide open receivers. AM’s turnover issues are enough to question that he is or was the guy. Failing to make plays and let your team down is not a real leader. Standing in front of a microphone and saying the right things doesn’t make you a leader. Owning the fact you play like crap and your failures are your own doesn’t make you a leader. It makes him an honest, average-ish QB.

It wont be AM that keeps him off the field.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back