• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did AM do to lose the team?

It's always comforting for a fan base when you watch a team, see one glaring problem and say "fix that, and we'll get rolling." We've become experts at that over the years. Fix the turnovers....fewer penalties....make one more big play. etc.......and the wins will come.

This is not that team. We suck equally in all areas. Today, we won the turnover battle. We had fewer penalties. We blocked two punts. Two. If NU has ever blocked two punts in one game, I don't recall it. And we still lost to a 2-6 Purdue team with their 3rd string QB. This thing is so far from coming together, it's hard to fathom.

Martinez is having a horrible year, but a horrible OL is compounding the problem.

Don’t know what his issues are. Maybe injuries. Maybe having a loaf in the oven.

I have watched PB play (he is on right now) the last few weeks and wonder what might of been with a typical smash mouth type Big 10 team with a big strong 6'5 QB with a strong arm playing instead of this finesse product on the field. I am sorry I am not sold on this way to play Big 10 football.

It's always comforting for a fan base when you watch a team, see one glaring problem and say "fix that, and we'll get rolling." We've become experts at that over the years. Fix the turnovers....fewer penalties....make one more big play. etc.......and the wins will come.

This is not that team. We suck equally in all areas. Today, we won the turnover battle. We had fewer penalties. We blocked two punts. Two. If NU has ever blocked two punts in one game, I don't recall it. And we still lost to a 2-6 Purdue team with their 3rd string QB. This thing is so far from coming together, it's hard to fathom.

I disagree. This team more than others feeds off the QB. When AM fails them, they act in response. He missed so many easy throws that would have made this game so different. And then me walks off the field like nothing matters. This crap show is on his shoulders.

with another bye week next week, unless 100%, I questioned him playing to begin with... following his struggles, sitting him down (even briefly) seemed warranted.

The offensive ineptitude in the first half, despite numerous opportunities, doomed the outcome of this game. A failure to capitalize & step on their throat, allowed Purdoo to hang around long enough to prolong the contest.

Martinez is having a horrible year, but a horrible OL is compounding the problem.

Don’t know what his issues are. Maybe injuries. Maybe having a loaf in the oven.
he had time to pass today. I'll repeat this a lot probably...he stunk. But frost didn't help him a bit. How many times have we watched other coaches try to make a mobile qb a drop-back qb/put a skirt on him for fear of injury. How many designed runs did he run in the 1st 3 quarters? How many times did frost go to the screen well when that is not a pass Martinez can complete and when he does the other 9 guys don't block?

Martinez isn't good. Frost is worse.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back