• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wear BLACK to the Wisconsin Game

I know this will likely be met with resistance, but the student section is promoting a Black Out for the entire stadium on Saturday. I think it would be cool for ONE game if everyone wore black! I know it likely won't gain traction, but I thought I'd promote it here.
The only way that would happen is if they handed out tee shirts at the doors.

If they want rest of the fans to get into it and still keep the red-out.... Hand out single black pom poms on a stick. (Not sure what their called) When on defense, everyone cheers with em. When not, put em on the ground out of view.

Well, if we want to cede the title of "Big Red" to our opponent in our own stadium, this idea would accomplish that...heck, TO asked us to hide our identity the first time we visited Madison as a BIG member. If the team wears all black uniforms it would be pretty cool---NOT!

No, that didn't happen.

They should try to get EVERYBODY to wear RED for a change! That seems to be tough to accomplish.

As I am every week, I'll be at the game, and I will not be wearing black.

People trying to force people to dress black every year when it isn't even one of our colors gets old. Come up with something new!

I have ALWAYS wondered if they really want us to support a "black out" why they don't put a shirt on the seat? Have you ever seen the NBA during playoff time EVERY seat has a shirt on it. Use it as a tax write off somehow & give me a damn shirt! GBFR

Last edited:

I have ALWAYS wondered if they really want us to support a "black out" why they don't put a shirt on the seat? Have you ever seen the NBA during playoff time EVERY seat has a shirt on it. Use it as a tax write off somehow & give me a damn shirt! GBFR
Cheaper still...just give everyone a black garbage bag will holes cut out for head and arms. And it can be used as a poncho in bad weather.

If they want rest of the fans to get into it and still keep the red-out.... Hand out single black pom poms on a stick. (Not sure what their called) When on defense, everyone cheers with em. When not, put em on the ground out of view.

Yeah ! I've always thought masses of poms poms look cool. The SEC is big on pom poms. Always wondered why it is never tried here ? I think maybe the SEC manages such a good affect is because the University places them on the seats in advance.

Having said all that, the problem with black is that it doesn't show up that well on TV...especially at night ! Neither would red (pom poms) if everybody is also wearing red clothing.

Lighter colors show up better. That's why Penn State's whiteouts look so cool.

1381.jpg
just have everyone hold up a couple black beers

Beg to differ, but it does matter to me, been wearing the same Peter Jersey #55 to every game I have attended since I received it in 97. I wore a black out tee over it in Madison... never again. :cool:
So you're admitting to a bit of superstition regarding the black tee and a loss to Wisky...but you're ignoring the fact that you've worn the same jersey to every game since our last National Championship TWENTY YEARS AGO?

Methinks a new shirt may be in order, sir.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back