• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wear BLACK to the Wisconsin Game

Tradition is awesome don't get me wrong, but why do 3/4 of our fans get upset when there is anything new or slightly different brought up? I'm not saying anybody should go out and buy a black shirt for the game, but if you already have some black husker apparel (which I'm sure most of you do), is it really that hard to wear it to create a unique vibe for the Wisconsin game? Jeez, some of you act like the student section asked for you to cheer for Texas...
I wonder if the same people who hate the "black out" also hate the alternative uniforms?

you do realize the color of shirt you wear to the game doesn't really matter....right? :)

Beg to differ, but it does matter to me, been wearing the same Peter Jersey #55 to every game I have attended since I received it in 97. I wore a black out tee over it in Madison... never again. :cool:

But yes in reality it shouldn't really effect the outcome of the game one bit regardless of the color you prefer to wear to a game, but it sure looks cool when we all show as one, 92,00 proud.

Bman is not. As his son, however, I specifically got onto his account to post this. Shoot, I don't even know if I'll wear black on Saturday and I am a senior at UNL. But it's just funny how a something as small as, "Let's wear black for the game" gets some fans all riled up. Not trying to make anybody mad, but if some husker fans would take a step back and look in at our fanbase, it's hard not to at least chuckle at how hard headed we are with our tradition. Anyways, just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. Hopefully we can scrape out a W and the redshirts and blackshirts can celebrate together. You never know.

Go to your room young man!

The BoneYard should do their thing and make it their own. I'm sure they'll have another banner to throw out for Wisky over the student section. They've really come into their own although they've had a hard time this year in the celebratory euphoria some of last years games elicited. If they want a black out it will be all the more noticeable if we border it in red.:cool:

Well, if we want to cede the title of "Big Red" to our opponent in our own stadium, this idea would accomplish that...heck, TO asked us to hide our identity the first time we visited Madison as a BIG member. If the team wears all black uniforms it would be pretty cool---NOT!

Bman is not. As his son, however, I specifically got onto his account to post this. Shoot, I don't even know if I'll wear black on Saturday and I am a senior at UNL. But it's just funny how a something as small as, "Let's wear black for the game" gets some fans all riled up. Not trying to make anybody mad, but if some husker fans would take a step back and look in at our fanbase, it's hard not to at least chuckle at how hard headed we are with our tradition. Anyways, just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. Hopefully we can scrape out a W and the redshirts and blackshirts can celebrate together. You never know.
I don't think anyone is "all riled up." People are free to do what they want, but it's also fine for posters to have their own opinions on the idea.

Tradition is awesome don't get me wrong, but why do 3/4 of our fans get upset when there is anything new or slightly different brought up? I'm not saying anybody should go out and buy a black shirt for the game, but if you already have some black husker apparel (which I'm sure most of you do), is it really that hard to wear it to create a unique vibe for the Wisconsin game? Jeez, some of you act like the student section asked for you to cheer for Texas...
old, crusty, curmudgeonly, stuck in the past goobers.... I think that sums it up pretty well.....

Beg to differ, but it does matter to me, been wearing the same Peter Jersey #55 to every game I have attended since I received it in 97. I wore a black out tee over it in Madison... never again. :cool:

But yes in reality it shouldn't really effect the outcome of the game one bit regardless of the color you prefer to wear to a game, but it sure looks cool when we all show as one, 92,00 proud.

I should really take this opportunity to mention how ridiculous grown men wearing jerseys is...but I don't want to stir up more controversy.

I know this will likely be met with resistance, but the student section is promoting a Black Out for the entire stadium on Saturday. I think it would be cool for ONE game if everyone wore black! I know it likely won't gain traction, but I thought I'd promote it here.
Baloney.....pure and simple,,be cool in some other game.

Well, if we want to cede the title of "Big Red" to our opponent in our own stadium, this idea would accomplish that...heck, TO asked us to hide our identity the first time we visited Madison as a BIG member. If the team wears all black uniforms it would be pretty cool---NOT!
Do you honestly believe that anyone, outside of being in the stadium, would be able to distinguish the Husker red, from the Rodent red? People are really way to uptight about a "Black Out" and alternate uni's. Let the young folk have fun, most of they, didn't get to have the fun that we did from the early 70's all the way through the late 90's. I will wear a black shirt to work, but mainly, because I almost always wear a black shirt on Saturdays to work....I'll wear me a red tie though,.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back