• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wats to Texa$$ official

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is has assistant HC as a title I'm not sure it's a down grade. Only because it's going from Louisville to Texas. It's can be seen as a stepping stone to becoming a future HC somewhere. He would probably be the acting HC if the HC can't perform his duties for whatever reason. It may have been done as a way to sweeten the offer to get him to take the job. I'm thinking it probably means he's the top assistant...maybe not in salary though.

Looks like Wats made about $500k as an OC at Louisville.

Major Applewhite was making over $600k, granted he was also labeled as a co-OC and had been at Texas for 7 or 8 years.

Can I just mention again how mindboggling it is that Louisville dropped $4.5m on Petrino? I hope that it has a clawback for when he's fired/leaves.

Are you a Louisville fan too? Why would you care about a clawback clause otherwise? It is clear the Louisville has an administration that is devoted to winning, Petrino will do well there.

Are you a Louisville fan too? Why would you care about a clawback clause otherwise? It is clear the Louisville has an administration that is devoted to winning, Petrino will do well there.

You are probably right...but I hope you are wrong. There's not a worse guy in college sports.

I predict he will be successful at first, but then karma will catch up to him and, just as a leopard cannot change its spots, his innate sleaziness will assert itself and bring him crashing down.....again.

You are probably right...but I hope you are wrong. There's not a worse guy in college sports.

No, just an observer of the game. You should try it; maybe it would inform an opinion or two.

If he does well, he'll likely roll, so yeah, Louisville was imprudent.

Texas fans and radio stations not happy with the offensive hires. not flashy enough hires for them and feel they are going to try and pound it and play defense.....which Mack tried and failed

Good luck to Watson. Good OC, good guy. Not a great fit for Bo's team over the long haul but definitely a solid coach, I think that's why Bo/TO kept him on.

What I remember about the Assistant Head Coach title is a little different. I remember posters criticizing Frank for not making TG the OC, and instead relegating him to AHC. But then the shocking revelation arose. FS had actually offered TG his choice of the OC and AHC positions! And TG chose the AHC one. That was a crazy mind-bending day, as I recall.

Last edited:
Texas fans and radio stations not happy with the offensive hires. not flashy enough hires for them and feel they are going to try and pound it and play defense.....which Mack tried and failed

Mack couldn't bring the attitude it takes to play that style of ball. Don't think Strong will have that problem.

Good luck to Watson. Good OC, good guy. Not a great fit for Bo's team over the long haul but definitely a solid coach, I think that's why Bo/TO kept him on.

What I remember about the Assistant Head Coach title is a little different. I remember posters criticizing Frank for not making TG the OC, and instead relegating him to AHC. But then the shocking revelation arose. FS had actually offered TG his choice of the OC and AHC positions! And TG chose the AHC one. That was a crazy mind-bending day, as I recall.

Also a discussion of Asst HC vs Assoc HC and pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back