• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wats to Texa$$ official

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when posters on those board swore that Assistant HC was a higher position than OC.

My, how times have changed.

It's a nice label. :) Assistant Head Coach. Sounds good. But what it really comes down to.... Charlie didn't want Watson running the offense and calling plays.

I remember when posters on those board swore that Assistant HC was a higher position than OC.

Did someone suggest that in this thread? Wasn't me.

obviously the highest profile hire is going to be your OC, because he's calling plays.

Heirarchy on a staff is another thing in how jobs are delegated. Titles, as we know, are also a nice way of justifying salaries as well.

I remember when some ridiculed Nebraska fans for cheering for the success of former coaches like Frank Solich.

I remember when some ridiculed Nebraska fans for cheering for the success of former coaches like Frank Solich.

I root for all former Huskers to have success.

Be it Solich at Ohio, Watson at UL/UT or Callahan wherever he is...they were all individuals who gave their all for Nebraska, and I see no reason not to wish them well elsewhere.

It's a nice label. :) Assistant Head Coach. Sounds good. But what it really comes down to.... Charlie didn't want Watson running the offense and calling plays.

Agreed. It's a nice label, it sounds good, but it likely doesn't mean much more than that.

Watson went from OC at UL to QB coach at Texas. Not an upgrade in position coach (downgrade), but likely an upgrade in pay.

Looks like Wats made about $500k as an OC at Louisville.

Major Applewhite was making over $600k, granted he was also labeled as a co-OC and had been at Texas for 7 or 8 years.

Can I just mention again how mindboggling it is that Louisville dropped $4.5m on Petrino? I hope that it has a clawback for when he's fired/leaves.

And he'll be lucky enough to live in what is unarguably the best state in America.

I am applying for jobs all over the country and I cringe every time I hit send to something with a TX in the address. Cringe, and I don't feel good about myself.

And he'll be lucky enough to live in what is unarguably the best state in America.

Won't argue with that. My mom lived in Texas for seven years and loved it. I never got stationed there but made a number of TDYs to Texas. Love San Antonio and Fort Worth. My sis loves Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back