• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

DICTIONARY ....

Disingenuous: lacking in candor, crooked, unworthy of honour, not speaking the complete truth. Synonyms: dishonest, deceitful, hypocritical, untruthful.
Sanctimony: pretended, affected, or hypocritical religious devotion, righteousness, sacredness, smug lecture, no shame, hypocrisy, sanctimoniousness, sinfulness, wickedness

"Nebraska & Matt Rhule Are Better Off With the Disingenuous Sanctimony of Trev Alberts" :Catfight:

Last edited:

Weren't these things his normal job functions of which he was fairly paid? I was happy with him up until the point he decided to leave. I don't feel he showed any gratitude or loyalty towards Nebraska. I think he got quite a bit from UNL, but we'll be fine without him. Not saying there aren't issues at UNL, but I felt he didn't try to fight through them very long. I'm moving on from him.

Leaving because of Politics? Really

Most observers believe Alberts is referring to the current political debate in Nebraska regarding the proposed elimination of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programs at the university. Those battles began shortly after current governor Jim Pillen took office in January 2023. Pillen carried over 59% of the vote on a platform of eliminating DEI. His agenda was no secret, nor is the fact that Nebraska is one of the most conservative states in the union. The Cornhusker State is deep red in more ways than just football.

As the debate heated up last August, Alberts was fully aware of it. Like Alberts, Pillen is a former Husker player. The governor’s mansion is within walking distance of the university and Memorial Stadium. Alberts knows the political culture of his state and the governor. There were no secrets. None.

The ultimate indictment regarding the deceitfulness of Alberts is that he signed an extension in November 2023 which raised his salary from $800,000 to $1.7 million with a bump to $2.1 million in 2026. The contract was to run through 2031. Alberts had no problem with “divisive things” that were taking place when he signed that agreement. None.

Last edited:

The big project Trev needed to accomplish was going nowhere without help from the BOR. No Chancellor. No President. A Board of Regents split in two by political and geographic issues. Lack of support or even antagonism out of the Omaha parts of the University. And a Governor and legislature cutting the university budget, causing a backlash against the stadium project. Even if Trev stayed he would have just continued banging his head against that wall.

I'm sure that a big increase in salary was the primary motivation. The rest of the crap just made it easier.

I call BS. A lot of issues. Blaming TA for not solving this is stupid. We have other people not doing their job. TAs responsibility was directing the people below him. Now you want to blame him for not changing ABOVE him? Frick I’d leave to if the fans put expectations like that on me.
This assumes the problem is not Trev. Which is certainly possible. But right now, everything points to Trev. If TA was so concerned about leadership he could have been the catalyst for change. But instead he burned the best bridge ever made.

This assumes the problem is not Trev. Which is certainly possible. But right now, everything points to Trev. If TA was so concerned about leadership he could have been the catalyst for change. But instead he burned the best bridge ever made.
You make the assumption he burned a good bridge. What if it wasn’t that good.

The big project Trev needed to accomplish was going nowhere without help from the BOR. No Chancellor. No President. A Board of Regents split in two by political and geographic issues. Lack of support or even antagonism out of the Omaha parts of the University. And a Governor and legislature cutting the university budget, causing a backlash against the stadium project. Even if Trev stayed he would have just continued banging his head against that wall.

I'm sure that a big increase in salary was the primary motivation. The rest of the crap just made it easier.
The problem is he announced it before obtaining all of the backing necessary to make it happen.

I don't think the minimal raise was the primary reason. He just got a nice raise here.

I don't think it has a lot of complexity to it.

I think its easier than that. While there are exceptions, most Nebraskans don't want state government spending money on most anything, politics aside. TA had larger things in mine. Some would cost money and he couldn't find strong supporters for that effort. When he lost Carter he lost his support.

He can make good money in a lot of places and maybe has a chance to do what he thinks a good athletic program at a major school should do. He didn't see that possibility at his alma mater at this point.

I just hope they finish building out the athletic complex. The Stadium changes are probably dead and that will please many I suspect.

I have a headache after reading 50 pages of this. As always with a situation like this, there is a ton of speculation floating around. We probably will never know the full story behind TA's departure. My initial shock was surprised and hurt. With any messy divorce there is almost always blame to go around on both sides and I will leave it at that. If there is truly a problem with leadership/BOR, I hope they get their act together before the situation deteriorates further. One thing I know for certain, football is a part of the fabric of this state unlike any other state. The football program needs to be supported. HCMR needs to be retained and supported. I think the new AD hire could be the most important one in a long time. Can what appears to be dysfunctional leadership have success on this hire? I may be over reaction, but I think we are standing on a precipice.

the people of Ne. and the students the first priority and only priority

Leaving because of Politics? Really

Most observers believe Alberts is referring to the current political debate in Nebraska regarding the proposed elimination of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programs at the university. Those battles began shortly after current governor Jim Pillen took office in January 2023. Pillen carried over 59% of the vote on a platform of eliminating DEI. His agenda was no secret, nor is the fact that Nebraska is one of the most conservative states in the union. The Cornhusker State is deep red in more ways than just football.

As the debate heated up last August, Alberts was fully aware of it. Like Alberts, Pillen is a former Husker player. The governor’s mansion is within walking distance of the university and Memorial Stadium. Alberts knows the political culture of his state and the governor. There were no secrets. None.

The ultimate indictment regarding the deceitfulness of Alberts is that he signed an extension in November 2023 which raised his salary from $800,000 to $1.7 million with a bump to $2.1 million in 2026. The contract was to run through 2031. Alberts had no problem with “divisive things” that were taking place when he signed that agreement. None.
I think it has less to do with Trev’s view of the “divisive things” and more to do with the fact that the NU system has been unable to find a new president because of these issues. Ricketts wanted Carter and Green gone and used his PAC to load the BoR and the Governor’s mansion. BoR member and former team shrink Jack Stark was on the radio in Omaha Thursday and said it’s a complete mess in Lincoln and nobody wants the job.

Last edited:
After reading 50 pages of the reasons TA left I am tired and ready to move on! I am not sure the true reason will come for sometime as to why TA left. It unconscionable to think the BOR cannot get together and do what is best for the University and the state and choose a President! We need someone who can drive the U back into the AAU and get N a leader at AD to continue regaining our athletic stature! GBR!!

You make the assumption he burned a good bridge. What if it wasn’t that good.

Maybe it wasn't. But I agree with Tad. Things dont add up with what Trev is claiming. I think you can see from the sentiment on this forum that most people are not buying it either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back