• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

how do you know anything about our BOR?
You dont
Whether you are right or wrong, youre a recruiting analyst from out of state
You have no credibilty to attack them with little you may or may not know
Stay in your lane

The only board member I know anything about is Stark.

I have no idea what they did or didn't do to create an enivronment that President's would want to leave or that would piss off Alberts. I can't even definitively say he's concerned.

Carter I can write off to 'Better opportunity'. I'm realistic enough to know a University President position at Ohio State is a bigger peach than UNL. Did the Board of Regents have anything to do with him looking? I have no idea.

Why we don't have a permanent President in place does likely lie in their collective laps. Aside from that, who knows?

I think it's premature to bash Trev. For all we know A&M could have come to him and said we are willing to double your salary if you agree to be our AD. How many people on here would flat out say no? Most likely, an agent is involved, and will use it to squeeze more out of Nebraska, and if they don't get what they want, he will go. If it turns out Nebraska was willing to meet his demands, and he still leaves, then it's time to say don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Even if he stays, his loyalty to Nebraska will be in question from this point forward. We thought he was "one of us", but the fact that he is even entertaining this move after just signing an extension suggests that his Husker loyalty doesn't run as deep as we thought.

Last edited:
I'm going to believe he's staying until he says otherwise. I don't know all his motivations, but he's a perfect fit for us and is doing a great job. And putting out the long lasting Nebraska dumpster fire is as big a professional accomplishment as any an ambitious AD might achieve anywhere.

Even if he stays, his loyalty to Nebraska will be in question from this point forward. We thought he was "one of us", but the fact that he is even entertaining this move after just signing an extension suggests that his Husker loyalty doesn't run as deep as we thought.
Don't agree at all. Tom Osborne almost went to Colorado before he became the ultimate "one of us".

I think it’s a chess match to get the leadership in check

Don't agree at all. Tom Osborne almost went to Colorado before he became the ultimate "one of us".

Osborne didn't play for Nebraska. And he almost took the CU job because the fans had turned on him because (at the time) he couldn't beat Oklahoma. That's a very different dynamic.

I would imagine that Texas A&M is offering him 4 to 5 times the salary.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back