• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

For anyone complaining about the BOR. You can familiarize yourself with their bios here. Jack Stark represents my district, and I would doubt he's responsible for pushing Trev out the door given his history with the program...

Doesnt sound like a salary problem here.

Maybe he doesnt see himself going fwd with the new chancellor.? Maybe the new chancellor is clipping trevs wings. ? Could be any # of things going on behind the scenes that we will prob never know about. Regardless of the outcome.

This sounds more like an influence / power struggle than a $$ issue
Trev doesn’t answer to the Chancellor anymore. Before Carter left they switched it to Trev answering directly to the University System President l.

Doesnt sound like a salary problem here.

Maybe he doesnt see himself going fwd with the new chancellor.? Maybe the new chancellor is clipping trevs wings. ? Could be any # of things going on behind the scenes that we will prob never know about. Regardless of the outcome.

This sounds more like an influence / power struggle than a $$ issue

Completely agree.

This is TA playing hardball. Leaking the story, and now demanding to get what he needs to do his job.

My point is that he's seeing the problems you have with leadership. You BoR is a disaster. I don't agree that he's a fight risk at Nebraska - under the right circumstances. Are there a handful of jobs he couldn't say no to? Yes, but those schools take any coach if they want them regardless.

As long as he and his staff were being paid in the same range as they are now in terms of national competitiveness and the President-Chancellor-AD were committed to keeping the program on the cutting edge as far as facilities, Stadium, amenities, etc, I think he'd stick around a while.

I don't think that happens now. He sees the crap show Regents. I think he'll listen to lateral offers now.
how do you know anything about our BOR?
You dont
Whether you are right or wrong, youre a recruiting analyst from out of state
You have no credibilty to attack them with little you may or may not know
Stay in your lane

Last edited:
Don't agree that he would have lots of questions to answer if he stays.

He has simply been offered a job.

Happens all the time.

If he stays here, he will be seen as uber loyal.

Just my opinion.

I'm not sure about super-loyal. Super loyal doesn't go looking, meet up, and make enough of a pitch to actually get the job. If he decides to stay, people will always assume he is looking for the next opportunity; assuming he is not here for the long haul. That's ok if it is Carl the guy on the sales floor, but he has to pitch a long term vision, which is hard to do it he has already displayed wandering eyes.

I'm not sure about super-loyal. Super loyal doesn't go looking, meet up, and make enough of a pitch to actually get the job. If he decides to stay, people will always assume he is looking for the next opportunity; assuming he is not here for the long haul. That's ok if it is Carl the guy on the sales floor, but he has to pitch a long term vision, which is hard to do it he has already displayed wandering eyes.

I probably missed it.

I thought he had just been contacted and offered.

Didn't see he had been actively looking.

If this gets done, does this mean Nebraska is a "stop-over" school? Like you all, I was shocked when I heard this. No way... but looks like it's true. So, what does this mean to Matt Rhule? What is going through his head? Did he come here feeling that Alberts (no longer Trev) was here to stay? Then, what happens if Rhule has a great season? If that happens, would he be a candidate for a prestigious job?

Bill Moos, Alberts and Rhule all spoke highly of "The Brand" at Nebraska. I guess the brand isn't quite the same if another school doubles Albert's salary. None of us saw this coming. It kind of sickens me.

Lastly what the heck is going on there? Carter to Ohio St. and then this?

PS

PS.

I'm sure that the stability issues are a factor in Trev leaving. Flux with your bosses is never a good thing. I'm just not ready to say it is THE thing. And I'm not saying that their is a massive issue (fundraising, the governor, the regents) that everyone is running from.
I think NU is a little more #meetoo than we like to believe. I can't help but wonder about the timing of the Scroggins case and toss in a lack of leadership to nip things where they should be nipped and Trev is probably getting some underserved pressure.

Either way, this ends it. He feels slighted enough and moves on or squashes the negativity as part of an agreement to stay.

I disagree ... ADTA had just arrived when a decision on SF was needed, he wasn't prepared to evaluate and replace SF. Gave himself time to do a deep dive into the situation. Gave himself time to unite a polarized booster base. Gave SF time to sink or swim. Gave himself time to create a good prospective coaches list.
Actually that’s not quite accurate. Trev wanted to let him go at the end of that first year trev was here but was over ruled by Ronnie and Carter. You are correct in disagreeing with said poster for not being a bad reflection on Trev. Just that Trev wasn’t believing he needed another year

Bill Moos, Alberts and Rhule all spoke highly of "The Brand" at Nebraska. I guess the brand isn't quite the same if another school doubles Albert's salary. None of us saw this coming. It kind of sickens me.

On the 'Brand' conversation, I do still think Nebraska's brand carries weight. I also think it has an expiration date on it now. We've been living off of our past for some time and have to flip the script to regain or retain brand recognition.

You don't have to look any further than Anheuser Busch to see what bad decisions can do to a brand. It's not apples to apples, but it should serve as a cautionary tale.

Completely agree.

This is TA playing hardball. Leaking the story, and now demanding to get what he needs to do his job.
even so, not a good look. have to go out to the state meet and greets and everyone will question his loyalty unless he comes out and says exactly what he was wanting to achieve. and we know that wont happen.

regardless, his reputation as a husker is tarnished with the admission hes still thinking about the A&M job. he should have turned them down right away.

so he might as well go........

Setting aside any politics or feelings BS between TA and the University, this is very much about money, resources, and power. It should instruct about the hierarchy. Unfortunately when the dust settles on whatever college football will be in a few years, A&M will be a have. NU may not be. It’s going to get very basic and very ugly. I own the ball and the equipment my daddy owns the field so I decide who gets to play kind of stuff. Unless A LOT of smart, concerned people start to get ahead of this, NU will be on the outside looking in by 2030 or so. And then it will make Husker fans ache for the days of being slighted by UT and A&M in the Big XII and Mich and OSU in the BigX. And the national championship years will be old VHS tapes us old guys pull out and cry/drink over
WTH?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back