• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tim miles has been fired

Hmmmmmm, NIT? BB coaches can schedule as many wins as they want.....NU BB was bland, boring and had absolutely no upside under his direction. Winning 17 in your first 3 should lead to continued success if a coach can recruit, has a plan, or is truly building something. That about defines gravitating towards mediocrity in my opinion. (not to steal any of what's his names quotes)
Just remember, he had a better winning percentage than Miles, and while I know we had a couple of decent non conference teams, the majority were easy wins against The Sisters of the Poor.

Last edited:

Sorry, TM wasn't the best coach, but he was 10x what Sadler ever was or could have been. Time allows people to forget DS was terrible.

Disagree.

Sadler didn't have the fancy new arena to attract players. Nor was he coaching when players transferred like hotcakes. Miles definitely got more talent -- but a better sales point with an upgrade over the BDSC -- and he played the transfer game (as he could rarely recruit and develop a quality kid out of high school). But his teams generally failed to perform up to their talent level. I could argue Doc got more out of less.

Both Sadler and Miles were capable of coaching defense -- but really struggled on the other end of the floor. Miles had a couple of solid seasons mostly due to having a couple of scorers (Petteway and Palmer) that basically were just allowed to play street ball on offense. Otherwise, the overall records and success of Miles vs Sadler is generally a wash.

Time will allow people to realize that Miles wasn't good.

Last edited:

I was definitely a supporter of Tim's! I guess competing against each other in high school can do that. Although he didn't achieve the level of success we had hoped for, I'm glad he handled himself well. His social media presence gave NU exposure that otherwise may not have been there. I wish him well in the future and at the same time am excited for what lies ahead for Nebraska basketball!

Somewhat reminiscent of the transition from MR to SF – I'd like to see NU get the kind of exposure that comes with results on the court.

Many of us have.

But, there's definitely a percentage that place him on a pedestal. And some that are bitter about his firing.

I think that percentage is small. Miles is a likeable guy and that plays in to it. He certainly handled the last few weeks with grace and class. I respect that and I'll pull for him as long as he's not coaching against NU. I think he's leaving the program in better shape than when he arrived but, as you noted, he had advantages with the practice facility and PBA that his predecessors didn't. The bottom line is I think last year was the ceiling under Miles. It was time for a change.

Last edited:
Miles wasn't a very good coach in this league. the reasons are well documented, and were discussed ad nauseum on this board by myself and many others, for many years. this wasn't a knee jerk reaction by Moos. it was the right move for NU bball and I'm excited about the future.

Sad to see it happen, but coaches are judged on results.

Miles is a really good dude and was great at CSU before he got the NU gig. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere and NU gets a coach who can take them where it needs/wants to go.

Sad to see it happen, but coaches are judged on results.

Miles is a really good dude and was great at CSU before he got the NU gig. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere and NU gets a coach who can take them where it needs/wants to go.

Miles Record

This was his worst record.
Colorado State: 71–88 (.447) 28–50 (.359)

His best record:
Southwest Minnesota State: 78–39 (.667) 43–17 (.717)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back