• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tim miles has been fired

That’s kind of a blanket statement, and while i found Doc to be Iba-esque offenses, he did achieve historically good results at the time.

Sadler won 89 games in his first five seasons, the most by a Nebraska coach in that time span. He was also the first Nebraska coach to win at least 17 games in each of his first three seasons.

Three of Sadler’s six teams qualified for the National Invitation Tournament.

Hmmmmmm, NIT? BB coaches can schedule as many wins as they want.....NU BB was bland, boring and had absolutely no upside under his direction. Winning 17 in your first 3 should lead to continued success if a coach can recruit, has a plan, or is truly building something. That about defines gravitating towards mediocrity in my opinion. (not to steal any of what's his names quotes)

Hmmmmmm, NIT? BB coaches can schedule as many wins as they want.....NU BB was bland, boring and had absolutely no upside under his direction. Winning 17 in your first 3 should lead to continued success if a coach can recruit, has a plan, or is truly building something. That about defines gravitating towards mediocrity in my opinion. (not to steal any of what's his names quotes)
The schedules that Doc played were not the same as what Miles played. Strength of schedule increased a LOT under Miles, and that's part of the improvement UNL saw while he was coach.

His best team was his last, but in an even worse stroke of luck than Miles endured, 3 of his top dogs never saw the court due to injuries. Merics was one of his guys, so he wasn’t totally void of recruiting.

Maybe that's what it means. Or maybe it was the moment when people said "golly, Nebraska can be big time. Look at this place, look at this team!" it was the beginning of what's to come.
I guess I dont see one lucky win and a curb stomping in the tournament as evidence that we could become "big time". Getting to the elite 8 or final 4 and I'd agree with you. Maaaaaybe even just a conference title would get me to agree. But not getting our butts handed to us by Baylor.

I guess I dont see one lucky win and a curb stomping in the tournament as evidence that we could become "big time". Getting to the elite 8 or final 4 and I'd agree with you. Maaaaaybe even just a conference title would get me to agree. But not getting our butts handed to us by Baylor.
Guess I don't see how creating an amazing environment through investment and good play over a season, beating a top 25 team is "one lucky win", but you are free to view history as you want. I don't know how a former Virgina Tech QB hitting a three at the buzzer vs Oklahoma could be a moment that people remember, either, or a hustle block as time runs out against Kansas for that matter. It's all perspective.

Guess I don't see how creating an amazing environment through investment and good play over a season, beating a top 25 team is "one lucky win", but you are free to view history as you want. I don't know how a former Virgina Tech QB hitting a three at the buzzer vs Oklahoma could be a moment that people remember, either, or a hustle block as time runs out against Kansas for that matter. It's all perspective.
I don't see how an average season of 19-13 is e idemce of being "big time". Maybe if you had said we could be "not the worst in conference" I would agree. Then, we turned around in the tourney and got beat down. Even if one had some hope of being "big time" that should have ended that thought. Then we promptly follow that season up with turd after turd season. So, even if one could reasonably hold onto the "big time" hope after Baylor dismantled us, that notion should have been gone the following season, and the following season, and the following season and this season.

I dont begrudge you for your beliefs on this, I just cant understand how someone gets there.

We are gonna have a new coach now and for that, I think I'll be grateful.

This is great news. It's just the opportunity Bill Self has been waiting to open up so he can get away from those KU losers.

Last edited:
I was definitely a supporter of Tim's! I guess competing against each other in high school can do that. Although he didn't achieve the level of success we had hoped for, I'm glad he handled himself well. His social media presence gave NU exposure that otherwise may not have been there. I wish him well in the future and at the same time am excited for what lies ahead for Nebraska basketball!

I was definitely a supporter of Tim's! I guess competing against each other in high school can do that. Although he didn't achieve the level of success we had hoped for, I'm glad he handled himself well. His social media presence gave NU exposure that otherwise may not have been there. I wish him well in the future and at the same time am excited for what lies ahead for Nebraska basketball!

Interesting, from back home:)

''Miles, 52, was fired with two years left on his contract. Under terms of his deal, the school must pay him $105,000 for every month remaining, which comes out to a total of $2.52 million.''

Money wont be a problem, I would be a ''nice guy'' ''classy guy'' tooo

''Miles, 52, was fired with two years left on his contract. Under terms of his deal, the school must pay him $105,000 for every month remaining, which comes out to a total of $2.52 million.''

Money wont be a problem, I would be a ''nice guy'' ''classy guy'' tooo
Everyone but Pelini I guess.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back