• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The One That Got Away

Crawford is painful. Part of the coaching dominoes, maybe more than any one recruit.
No doubt. Crawford was the single biggest recruiting loss of them all because his loss likely affected the trajectory of Nebraska football more than any of the others. So much so that Solich might not have gotten fired if he'd had Crawford as his QB. And what would the last 20+ years have then been like?

No doubt. Crawford was the single biggest recruiting loss of them all because his loss likely affected the trajectory of Nebraska football more than any of the others. So much so that Solich might not have gotten fired if he'd had Crawford as his QB. And what would the last 20+ years have then been like?
And all that for the stupid Rays

It always seemed to be such a struggle to recruit more than one QB in a class too, dating back decades. I often thought there were snaps for more than one guy, and talented players could’ve been recruited accordingly. I know that players want to be THE GUY, especially at that position, but I still think some run-first guys could have had certain option packages and some pass-first guys have other packages. That notion was a little out ahead of some of the offensive schemes of the day. So the Huskers were often left looking for a unicorn every year. And typically only one.

Thankfully I didn’t let this one get away.

you-should-see-the-one-that-got-away-unknown.jpg
Plus, unlike like my prehistoric rhino, NOT photoshopped! ;)

Last edited:
I didn't say his decision was stupid, I said the Rays are stupid. I want them out of Pinellas County so bad.
Any particular reason @Lavaman?
I like the Rays, especially when Joe Maddon was the manager.
They were an easy team to root for, kinda like KC Royals.
Now the "Trop" is a different story, but at least it's air conditioned.

Any particular reason @Lavaman?
I like the Rays, especially when Joe Maddon was the manager.
They were an easy team to root for, kinda like KC Royals.
Now the "Trop" is a different story, but at least it's air conditioned.
We (Pinellas) traded the Tampa Bay Storm and the Tampa Bay Lightning for a baseball team...

A baseball team that is so effeminate that they couldn't allow themselves to continue being known as the "Devil Rays". They turned the Thunderdome into Tropicana Field.

We (Pinellas) traded the Tampa Bay Storm and the Tampa Bay Lightning for a baseball team...

A baseball team that is so effeminate that they couldn't allow themselves to continue being known as the "Devil Rays". They turned the Thunderdome into Tropicana Field.
Fair, I forgot all about the "Devil Rays" issue.
I did go and support Carl Crawford and the Rays, and had the pleasure of watching them beat the Yanks and Red Sox.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back