• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The One That Got Away

Milt badly wanted Barry Sanders and tried to get TO to offer Sanders. TO said we already have a small back.

Carl crawford was a real loss at a time we coulda really used him.

While sanders is disputably the GOAT rb, he wouldnt have changed our record significantly, we had really good backs, when he played.

Any really good passing qb we missed in the last 20 yr woulda been a significant miss and might of changed the trajectory of the program.

Sayers was biggest miss
Would a successful Crawford have kept that coaching staff around a few years longer? Would that have changed the trajectory of the program over the last two decades? Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but I wonder about that one from time to time

Would a successful Crawford have kept that coaching staff around a few years longer? Would that have changed the trajectory of the program over the last two decades? Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but I wonder about that one from time to time
Maybe. Probably. Definitely would have won more games at the time. But also may have delayed the inevitable. I always thought the program put too much weight on recruiting exactly the right guy to run that offense. It needed to grow into a pass-first offense to get ahead of the game. It was getting to be a tough sell to a kid who was such a multi-dimensional athlete. Imaging trying to sell Turner Gill on being a Husker QB in the late 90s/early 00s, rather than the early 80s. I wonder if he doesn’t play baseball or another position in football instead.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back