• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The depth chart for Week 1 against Akron.

What would Brook Berringer do?

I know, I know, different times....:Bananalazy:

Well... he was the backup QB on a national championship contender team.

Had enough opportunities to play when the starter got hurt that he could show his stuff – and win some really, really, really, really important games.

Had enough of a chance to highlight his skill that he was an NFL draft prospect.

If you could promise that would happen for Gebbia, he just might pull a BB too.

Last edited:

Well... he was the backup QB on a national championship contender team.

Had enough opportunities to play when the starter got hurt that he could show his stuff – and win some really, really, really, really important games.

Had enough of a chance to highlight his skill that he was an NFL draft prospect.

If you could promise that would happen for Gebbia, he just might pull a BB too.

Good points, all true

I don’t mean to give the impression that I think I know how Gebs will handle this, because I have no idea. We are just going to have to watch the journey....

Last edited:
Good points, all true

I don’t mean to give the impression that I think I know how Gebs will handle this, because I have no idea. We are just going to have to watch the journey....

I'm not trying to pick on your post either. I've heard others suggest he should follow Brook's example.

The biggest different between then and now was that Brook was on the roster for THE BEST TEAM in the country. Gebbia isn't.

Gebbia, by all accounts, is a great teammate and individual. I'm hopeful he embraces the backup role this year. I think he will.

And when this season is over, I hope he does whatever makes him happy. He's earned it.

I met Devine Ozigbo at fan day when he was a freshman. What a nice kid! I have been pulling for him ever since, and I could not be happier that he worked his way to the top of the depth chart. Way to go, Devine!

I have looked is there going to be a nebraska football show? They had a preseason ones with Bo and MR the last few years. Just curious since depth chart is out. Maybe frost would tell a little more about decision. I doubt it but never know.

Yep..channels and times at the end of this video..

He probably transfers at the end of the year if it is clear that AM is the guy for the next 3 years. And I would absolutely advise him to do so if he wanted to play.
Maybe so, but you’re one play away from being the guy. At any big time University, there will be competition at QB. No guarantee anywhere. Transferring assures nothing, unless you really step down in competition.

Have to appreciate someone who stuck with it.
May be true but if his roommate is to be believed he had to talk him out of transferring . It was either on the show about the 94 team or the one about Brook on BTN. I believe the quote was, "I told him you just never know." So it is not like he never considered it.

What!? You mean that Dallas, San Diego, San Fran, and New York can visit, but you Minny can’t? Good heavens no wonder you play more like queens than kings!
Minnesota has actually given chances to a fair amount of Huskers in recent memory, especially with the Spielman connection.

Maybe so, but you’re one play away from being the guy. At any big time University, there will be competition at QB. No guarantee anywhere. Transferring assures nothing, unless you really step down in competition.
I'm not saying he's afraid of competition. If he was he'd have left after spring ball...everyone knew Martinez was going to be very hard to beat. But If I want to play and be a starter I'd rather find myself in another competition as opposed to being in a situation where I'm needing the guy ahead of me to get hurt to get a chance to play...knowing the starter is coming back when healthy.

If I was pretty much any position other than QB I wouldn't think that way. But that's the one position that there isn't much rotation...so if AM is who we hope he is he's going to get all of the playing time for the next 3-4 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back