• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The depth chart for Week 1 against Akron.

Just got Breon Dixon clarification, makes sense...

“You were watching a former safety at OLB against our wide spread offense, of course he would look better than some of those other guys.”

Him being out there was basically like us having an extra nickel back (not saying that’s what they were doing). I did watch him absolutely obliterate our Hback tho, so I think he can be tough against the run. Just may not be as good of an every down guy as I saw when he was against 3 WR sets in practice.

Really like that we have two brand new guys in Williams and Neal listed at #1 safeties. Getting us lined up right is so important and our safeties were bad last year. Also love Antonio Reed getting his shot.

Just got Breon Dixon clarification, makes sense...

“You were watching a former safety at OLB against our wide spread offense, of course he would look better than some of those other guys.”

Him being out there was basically like us having an extra nickel back (not saying that’s what they were doing). I did watch him absolutely obliterate our Hback tho, so I think he can be tough against the run. Just may not be as good of an every down guy as I saw when he was against 3 WR sets in practice.

Thanks ***, sounds like we'll definitely see him on the field a good bit this year depending on the opponent.

He probably transfers at the end of the year if it is clear that AM is the guy for the next 3 years. And I would absolutely advise him to do so if he wanted to play.
Don’t want him to leave...but.....we have 2 QB commits in the 2 upcoming years that are a tad better fit for the offense NU is running....not that Gebbia can’t also run it.

Don’t want him to leave...but.....we have 2 QB commits in the 2 upcoming years that are a tad better fit for the offense NU is running....not that Gebbia can’t also run it.
Even if he was a perfect fit it's going to be extremely difficult to keep to Quality quarterbacks in the same class on the roster at the same time. Understandably, kids want to play. These guys get it for five your window and their entire lives to play college football... If they feel like they're capable of actually playing I don't blame them one bit for seeking other opportunities if the one in front of them appears to be pretty well locked in. Quarterback is different than most positions obviously only one guy is going to play meaningful snaps barring injury. Almost all other positions there's at least some rotation.

Will be interesting to see Mike Williams play. I binged watch the entire two seasons of Last Chance U in East Mississippi and those receivers were amazing.

Thanks ***, sounds like we'll definitely see him on the field a good bit this year depending on the opponent.
I think athletically there is no doubt. But is he going to be like Rickey Thenarse, Eric Martin, or Marcus Newbt that I absolutely loved watching in practice and had an explosiveness no one could match and then not play much? Only a freshman so plenty of time. Hoping a year learning the defense and in our strength program he is another Tannor for us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back